Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skip Blend - nah not Aussie, the other skip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip Blend - nah not Aussie, the other skip.

Today on one of the busiest roast days of the month (after a long weekend so no Sunday roast) I got a little distracted and dashed away from the roaster to deal with some email for "a minute".

Click image for larger version

Name:	skip2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	764032

-- Never leave a roaster unattended --

I'm sure I've mentioned that one or a thousand times before.

Lucky for me, on my roaster I added a "doper user" maximum temperature of 132C and just as I dashed back into the roast room the burners turned off. I emptied it into the cooling tray and when cool enough transferred the 15kg of Elephant Hills AA into bulk packaging out the front.

Click image for larger version

Name:	skip1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	764033

So now it's the skip blend, or skip that blend or just WOFTAM.
    (my phone tried to lighten the picture up, these are pitch-black and oily)

Please don't do this at home (or work) and sorry to the farm workers that picked all those cherries only for me to destroy them.

**sigh**

Well done Andy for owning up to this mistake. True enough a slight distraction is all it takes. Grind it up and sprinkle it in the veggie garden. Alternatively sell it to Starbucks. ��

Comment

Do you own a cat? Doesn't have to be a civet cat.

Comment

Skip Blend - nah not Aussie, the other skip.

That’s frustrating and annoying. Sorry about that Andy.

Dark roast special release? Buy one kg get one kg free.

Tasting notes: bitterness, ash, tobacco, dark caramel, dark cocoa [emoji92]

Comment

Ah the joys of doing ten things at once.

Java "" phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Ah yikes! Happens to all of us!

Next time give me a buzz and I'll pop down the road and take em off ya hands

I'll experiment with some sort of bizarre brewing method haha

Comment

What a bugger...

I got sidetracked playing with our dogs (of many years ago) after getting a roast batch started, then remembered - Oh sh!t, better check the roast...
              Too late, caught it just before it turned to ash. That was just 1.2Kg and I was shattered at the waste.

Mal.

Comment

Have you mixed green with brown before Andy? Have to admit that I have - sorting through about 7kg of coffee to pick the green out of the roasted isn’t fun.

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
                  Have you mixed green with brown before Andy? Have to admit that I have - sorting through about 7kg of coffee to pick the green out of the roasted isn’t fun.
                  Yes I have.
                  Surely I've done every dopey thing at least once, it's always a little sadder subsequent times.

Sorting the green out was easy though, I just put it through the destoner and it separated but the roasted was full of green bean aroma so it was spread around the garden too.

Comment

Must be a Coffeesnobs member somewhere close by bedding in a grinder who will take them off your hands?

Comment

I know people that will drink this "French Roasted Goodness" but buggered if I'm ever packing it into bags that say "CoffeeSnobs".

Comment

Plain brown wrapper and then shipped over-seas to some random coffee house in Vietnam where it would never be associated with CS.

Java "No distinguishing marks" phile
                        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                          Yes I have.
                          Surely I've done every dopey thing at least once, it's always a little sadder subsequent times.

Sorting the green out was easy though, I just put it through the destoner and it separated but the roasted was full of green bean aroma so it was spread around the garden too.
                          Yeah same. Any contaminated coffee or a roast that’s been stuffed up is put aside and not bagged with the good stuff. It doesn’t go straight to the bin, but it does end up there sometime if it can’t be used elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                          X