Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mono
    replied
    Oops, sorry Andy yep #’s=numbers. Didn’t realise that I was being cryptic...

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Mono - is the secret code #’s mean "numbers" or was there another word in there for us to decipher?

• rossross
    replied
    hi I have both these temperature gauges the one from Jcar was what I first used for roasting but moved to a multi meter ,it was good but up graded .with the other gauge I Gronged my Sylvia with it and it is a good gauge , I will buy another for the corretto if the multi packs it in

Leave a comment:

• barlo
    replied
    The thermometer listed will tie you over. I'd give it a go with the plan to get something more reliable later on. At a bare minimum I would look at the cheap "Digital K-Type Thermocouple Probe" combos you can get on eBay for about $15. That is what I started with and it was quite effective.

Leave a comment:

• Mono
    replied
    Personally no but It’s cheap enough to try as an experiment. Remember that the #’s are not absolute as each set up will show slightly different #’s. But those #’s are important as they will enable you to learn and be consistent about what works for you, your setup and the beans you are roasting. Enjoy the process, it can be addictive

Leave a comment:

• miller0
    started a topic Probe Thermometer Question

Probe Thermometer Question

Hi All,

First time poster and doing my first corretto roast next week.
    I am all set up and ready except for a thermometer.

I know about the HeatSnob device, but am
    curious as to whether anyone has successfully used a product like this one for their corretto roaster.

Thanks!
Working...
X