Obligatory first roast pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obligatory first roast pics

My behmor and beans arrived midweek First ever attempt roasting this morning. Did 3 * 100gm batches of the sulawesi blue - and experimented a bit with very different profiles. Kept extensive notes and hopefully can note differences in the cup. Obligatory pics of first roast.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the wonderful world of roasting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by greenman View Post
      Welcome to the wonderful world of roasting!!!
      Yes indeed cheezel, welcome to one of the most rewarding hobbies you can pursue!

Comment

You, your friends, your family and workmates will all be drinking better coffee in no time judging by your first attempt.

Enjoy the ride ahead!

Comment

Looks so nice. Once you find the profiles will it be a repeatable process? I will buy a machine like this when I can prove to my wife home roasting is worth doing. I just started with a pan and maybe hot air gun later.

Comment

Originally posted by zw359 View Post
            Looks so nice. Once you find the profiles will it be a repeatable process? I will buy a machine like this when I can prove to my wife home roasting is worth doing. I just started with a pan and maybe hot air gun later.
            Repeatable... hopefully ? I took notes - basically every minute I logged the temp at the A and B sensors of the behmor, I logged first crack and second crack and when I adjusted the power levels. We are finishing up our last 200gms of bought coffee then will start to taste the 3 batches. - Idea is to take tasting notes alongside the roast detail/notes & from that try and understand why they taste different. - Hopefully some are decent - if so, I'll emulate that batch again with some tweaks etc. See how we go ? Roast profile / notes attached - if interested. - No idea if this is a useful method of keeping the notes, I'm sure that will evolve over time. Cheers ?
            Attached Files

Comment

Looking forward to your full science report. Looking at what I have, a Moka pot and a porlex, I think the behomr would be the lowest priority, after flair ( arrived today) and some better grinder. When I get to that point, you should be well experienced. When you get some yirga beans done, may I order some from you?just to check how far ahead they are from my pan roasting. No words are better than tasting.

Comment

Hey Cheezel,

Congrats on the purchase and first roasts.
                I am also just starting out on the roasting curve, with a very long way to go.

Wishing you every success!

cheers,
                Gav.

Comment

Working...
                X