Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic milk frothers

Hey all,

In my neverending quest for the perfect office coffee machine to suit my new business, I have come across some info that may offer me an alternative.

Whilst at Mailing Room today, there was talk of Brunettis having a device that essentially puts a thermometer and heating element into a large milk jug, to froth large quantities of milk to keep up with their demand. This is somehow linked to their machine.

After about 2hrs Googling - Is that a verb? :-/ I cant find a thing...although my Internet skills are far from perfect!

Has anyone come across these devices or similar, or know where to find them?

Regards,

James

Re: Automatic milk frothers

All the auto-frothers Ive seen on machines use the steam from the boiler to froth the milk.

On the lower end models they use a venturi tube effect where the steam is used to draw the milk from its container. The more expensive units use a pump to supply the milk to the frothing chamber.

Java "Uuummm...Milk! One of the joys of life!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Thanks Java.

I have since found what I was looking for, it is actually part of a machine, the new La Cimballi M2 Cafe.

You place the steam wand into the milk jug and press the auto-frother button. The wand has a specially designed tip for the best possible milk expansion without using your hands....

And the temperature probe shuts the whole system off when the pre-set temp is achieved.

Beats the pants off any cupachinotore device on the market at present.

Regards,

James

Comment

Originally posted by AJzCafe link=1150977946/0#2 date=1151560144
        Thanks Java.

I have since found what I was looking for, it is actually part of a machine, the new La Cimballi M2 Cafe.

You place the steam wand into the milk jug and press the auto-frother button. The wand has a specially designed tip for the best possible milk expansion without using your hands....

And the temperature probe shuts the whole system off when the pre-set temp is achieved.

Beats the pants off any cupachinotore device on the market at present.

Regards,

James
        Interesting, but can it make a decent microfoam? Or does it simply yield frothy milk?

Java "Loves his Cimbali" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Automatic milk frothers...can anyone help me plea

Hi everyone. I have a seaco magic automatic coffee machine and have just bought one of these automatic milk frothing devices. I just cant get it to work and get any froth at all. I connect the device to the machine and place the tube into the milk jug and then turn on the steam...it does draw the milk up the tube and it then drips into the coffee cup..but it doesnt froth. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong please? I am quite new to the coffee machine also but can get good froth doing it the normal way.
          Thanks Kristen

Comment

Re:  Automatic milk frothers...can anyone hel

Originally posted by kristen_no1 link=1150977946/0#4 date=1168769867
            I connect the device to the machine and place the tube into the milk jug and then turn on the steam...it does draw the milk up the tube and it then drips into the coffee cup..but it doesnt froth.
            Thanks Kristen
            Kristen....

Those things are hopeless... producing "soap suds" at best.

Although I dont know that particular one most have a device you adjust to admit air.... often a little plastic rod which you pull out - the further you pull it out the more air gets mixed.

Basically its just mixing the air with the heated (by the steam) milk and that produces very frothy milk with large bubbles... :P

Comment

the lacimbali setup sound like it could work, at work with the right amount of milk in the jug and the wand positioned correctly I have got microfoam with the jug just sitting on the drip tray.

Comment

Ive heard the La Cimbali M2s makes perfect microfoam using those auto frothing devices....I guess I have to see it to believe it

Comment

Kristen: Does your Saeco have the steam wand on it? If it does, you are better off using that to froth your milk. My Deluxe puts out the best steam ever (after Mr Saeco technician man put a new part on it!)
                  I can get the most awesome microfoam on it.

The old Cafina we had at work, steamed the milk from the boiler....It was yuck to say the least. The Cappucino froth was like frothy air bubbles, and the latte was more like a flat white.

Comment

Apparently Rancilio have an auto frother that can reproduce perfect microfoam. It even got the thumbs up from a couple of WBC baristas.

George Sebados wrote an article on this technology recently on CG ( a very interesting read). He also noted that the new Azkoyen Xpression is a superautomatic with minimal moving parts that can be programmed to make excellent espresso, beter than most baristi and reproducibly so.

If the two technologies merged into one machine, maybe wed be able to buy better commercial coffees.

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky link=1150977946/0#9 date=1173671214
                      Apparently Rancilio have an auto frother that can reproduce perfect microfoam. It even got the thumbs up from a couple of WBC baristas.

George Sebados wrote an article on this technology recently on CG ( a very interesting read). He also noted that the new Azkoyen Xpression is a superautomatic with minimal moving parts that can be programmed to make excellent espresso, beter than most baristi and reproducibly so.

If the two technologies merged into one machine, maybe wed be able to buy better commercial coffees.

Cheers,

Mark.
                      hope not, if coffee was great everywhere then we would become extinct and have to be renamed coffee lovers.

Comment

Working...
                      X