Milk thermo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk thermo

Is there a Better Brand of Milk Thermometers that hang by a spring SS clip to the side of the Jug I have had a couple sourced from an Commercial supplier via a Coffe Shop that are basically a POS when it comes to the Temperature ,
    SS spike 8=9 inches long and a round dial thermo..
    ?I assume these are made in the PRC as is most Junk..

Re: Milk thermo

As I have not had any replies ...
    It would appear that what one can purchase are only POS units made in the PRC

Comment

Gday Tepin,

Im pretty sure my tmeter is a PRC job. Maybe a direct query to 2mcm or Fresh_Coffee, or maybe Pedro at CoffeeParts can steer you in the right direction

Cheers,
      Mal.

Whoops :-[

Comment

Pedro

Comment

Gotta love the Edit button ;D

Mal.

Comment

I have a Cooper brand candy thermometer made in the US of A, stainless steel, with  both C and F degrees (40 C to  200C range).

The probe is about 150 mm and has a sliding clip which grips both the inside and outside wall of the jug.

Rarely ever use it though.   No need.  I steam until Silvias light comes on, then keep steaming for 10 seconds more.  That gives consistent  milk temperature.

Robusto

Comment

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/tpen_home.html
              No spring clip to attach onto sidce of jug, and if it is just for milk steaming it is overkill.
              Buuuut a thermapen is great to have in the kitchen. Its rapid response to temp changes makes it handy to use when trying to hold sauces or emulsions or working with candy. I dont really use it as a meat therm, a bit wary of the oven heat damagin the lcd screen. A hold button would be great, but one of the most appealing things about it is that is simple to operate with messy hands. Just flip it and the movement of the probe on the hinge activates the lcd readout.

Comment

Working...
              X