Coffee Parts - Italian Milk Jug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Parts - Italian Milk Jug

Im considering buying one but does anyone have any experience using the Italian Designed Milk jugs(around $60) from coffeeparts.com? If you have please let me know what you think in regards to: is it worth spending that money on a milk pitcher? Does it noticably make a difference to anything (texture or art pour quality)?

Thanks

Re: Coffee Parts - Italian Milk Jug

Hi FS,

The subject has arisen before I think.... In short, Im pretty sure that Chris of Talk Coffee said that this type of jug is a both a joy to use and to behold. Thats probably reason enough to get one, or two

Mal.

Comment

I bought one, havent really used it much for some reason...

Comment

The punks at Veneziano let me have play with the FB80. I think I used the 750ml Motta jug. It was not overtly different to a normal jug, mind you I dont pour art, so cant comment about the ability of the spout to make art pouring easier.

If faced with the decision myself, I would invest the extra money on a few different steam tips instead (2 hole, 4 hole etc...) of a Motta jug. That seemed to help me with my technique.

Comment

When I bought a second 600ml jug I got the JB-010 from Coffee Parts instead of the basic JB-002.
          It is only $0.75 more and does feel better to hold.
          I dont use my 600ml jugs much so cant tell if it is much better for artwork.
          I suppose if you were a professional it would be easier on your hands.

I couldnt therefore justify spending $60 on an item that to me doesnt add $50 extra functionality.

Comment

from what it seems, i think that I will buy one of these jugs, even if it just for the look and doesnt improve anything.  

Originally posted by rice link=1167026240/0#3 date=1167053140
            If faced with the decision myself, I would invest the extra money on a few different steam tips instead (2 hole, 4 hole etc...) of a Motta jug. That seemed to help me with my technique.
            I think i will buy a two hole steam tip aswell.

does anyone know the steam tip thread size of the breville 800es?

Comment

Originally posted by falling_short link=1167026240/0#5 date=1167099392
              from what it seems, i think that I will buy one of these jugs, even if it just for the look and doesnt improve anything.
              http://www.toomuchcoffee.co.uk/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2602&star t=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=248cc9 f34184cc28d664b59ac10674ed
              http://tinyurl.com/y43tbk
              The folks on the European forums liked the motta jugs for art, both professionals and homeys.

http://www.toomuchcoffee.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=14443&sid =9e44108e2ef38432bdaca6dcb700da09
              http://tinyurl.com/y5t83m
              To quote Jim Seven about he Alessi jugs "Disgustingly expensive"

Originally posted by falling_short link=1167026240/0#5 date=1167099392
              ....I think i will buy a two hole steam tip aswell.
              Dude, your art rocks. I wasnt trying to insinuate that you needed brushing up on your technique. But for the home barista, who wants to get the hang of the swirl/whirlpool of foaming milk, I reckon its a great training tool - having access to multiple tips.

Originally posted by rice link=1167026240/0#3 date=1167053140
              .... I dont pour art, so cant comment about the ability of the spout to make art pouring easier
              To clarify, I am not anti-latte-art, just cant pour the pretty stuff... no-talent-ass-clown
              :-[ :P

Comment

thank you so much for all of these links!  they really made me think about my decision. and I think buying a jug based on apperance is wrong.  I realised that my jug for home is just fine.

Originally posted by rice link=1167026240/0#6 date=1167108951
                Dude, your art rocks. I wasnt trying to insinuate that you needed brushing up on your technique. But for the home barista, who wants to get the hang of the swirl/whirlpool of foaming milk, I reckon its a great training tool - having access to multiple tips.
                i never thought that you were insulting my art or milk texture, but I still would like to improve both and with a better steam tip, I may be able to get more dense milk.  Or atleast, its worth a try.

thanks rice.

Comment

Its a nice jug, but I dont see how it is worth more money than the cheapies.

They use the thicker stainless as a selling point. I dont get that at all. It throws off your milk steaming because youre used to thinner metal and I struggle to think of a situation where your jug will need to be stronger!

The top sloping inwards is actually a nice touch. It seems to stop random accidents if youre talking to someone while steaming ;P

I havent really tried to pour that much art with it, but the narrower tip seems to impede the flow of the milk, if anything. Ill get back to you on that one.

The 750mL size is perfect if you want to do two 8oz takeaway cups.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

I purchased a JB-016 750ml Metallurgica Motta Europa Milk JugDear for a Sylvia. This was information I sent to Coffeeparts as there was some concern about it from questions I asked:
                    Pedro

Thank you for you reply.
                    I have purchased the 750 ml jug from you and I am very happy with it.

For your reference for other enquiries:
                    Provided the Miss Silvia is on a stand of some sort the jug goes under the steam arm okay.  (Mine is on a small 20mm granite slab)
                    The steam arm goes into a two cup amount of milk okay.  Not deep but quite deep enough for the way I texture the milk.
                    The jug has great head room for really good fine froth.  (The froth stays in the jug now!)
                    There is heaps of steam to steam the two cups of milk.
                    I am very very please with the Jug
                    Thank you for your interest

(David)
                    Dumiya
                    Foot Note: the Single hole steam arm nozzle works best (so far).

Comment

I had a chat with a barista about this the other day whilst waiting for my coffee.

He told me that the shape definitely helps getting a good swirling motion happening.

I just want one because they look groovy.

Comment

I forgot to add that if anyone has a small one they dont want I would gladly buy it from them.

Comment

Working...
                        X