Latte Lesson please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latte Lesson please

Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to make a nice latte, step by step, please?
    Also, I have been going through the forums and found a topic on changing the settings (+10 degrees temp and -.2 wetness). How do you do this please? :-[ Also step by step, please.

Regards.

Re: Latte Lesson please

Dippy,

A Cafe Latte is simply a shot of coffee, that is 25-30ml and steamed milk, usually served in a glass of about 170ml - 220ml. Depending on what you like, you can either have a lot of foam or just a little. I usually serve mine with about a centimetre, give or take, of foam. Of course, if using skim milk, I often stuff up and make it too foamy! LOL!

Other than that, I am not so sure about what you mean by step by step?? Are you saying youre a complete newbie and dont know how to make a shot of coffee and steam milk or are you just after instruction on how to put a cafe latte together? I ask only to ensure that I cant give you better help or not.

As to your other question, I dont know what you are talking about? Is it a specific machine you refer to? If so, would you like to tell us what it is? (Id be guessing its a Sunbeam!)

Comment

Those settings refer to the Sunbeam 6910.

Comment

its really not something you can teach by writing a few words. Best bet is to take a lesson.

Comment

Well scoota gal, I am a complete and total novice :-[. But wanting to learn it all yesterday lol.
          I thought you had to add water to make a latte (my fave) but I read somewhere in a forum that you dont. Sooooo, I thought it would be easier to ask everyone for some help. But I suppose it is mostly trial and error. I have spent 2 days going thru a lot of the forums and I am having a ball, getting so much info !!!!
          I have the sunbeam EM6910 and I have managed to change the settings to the ones that I found here, not too bad for a novice. Well, it was quite easy when I actually did it, lol.
          Anyway, enough rambling, I will continue to read everything I can and I am going to do the sunbeam appreciation class (that should help) and I will perfect my latte yet !!!!

Cheers Lynn.

Comment

Thats all okay! We were all complete newbies once!

I think that you will be surprised at finding out how you dont add any water to any of the usual drinks on the coffee menu. In fact, even a long black you dont add water! Rather, you add coffee to the water!

I know, confusing and all that. But your course will go a long way to putting you on the right path, I am sure. In fact, youll be left wanting to know more, I know it! So, keep reading here and keep an eye out for any snob get together as well. Nothing like a bunch of like minded people to help you out!

Comment

Originally posted by dippy1 link=1182680017/0#4 date=1182769205
              Well scoota gal, I am a complete and total novice :-[. But wanting to learn it all yesterday lol.
              I thought you had to add water to make a latte (my fave) but I read somewhere in a forum that you dont. Sooooo, I thought it would be easier to ask everyone for some help. But I suppose it is mostly trial and error. I have spent 2 days going thru a lot of the forums and I am having a ball, getting so much info !!!!
              I have the sunbeam EM6910 and I have managed to change the settings to the ones that I found here, not too bad for a novice. Well, it was quite easy when I actually did it, lol.
              Anyway, enough rambling, I will continue to read everything I can and I am going to do the sunbeam appreciation class (that should help) and I will perfect my latte yet !!!!  

Cheers
              Lynn.
              Welcome to CS Lynn....I have some training notes I can email to you....Drop me a line and theyre yours...

2mcm

Comment

Working...
              X