Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caffe frother

Hi all,

I was looking around for a froth maker and found the below jem!

http://www.amazon.com/BonJour-Caffe-...4459498&sr=8-5

i love it so much! i want one but not sure where i can get it locally. i dont want to wait for like 2 months for the shipping to arrive from USA. also any alternative product suggestions that will serve my purpose. ive a plunger and just need a warnm frothy milk to go with my freshly brewed coffee -)
    TIA

Re: caffe frother

it looks like a plunger. maybe you could use the plunger you have. (once youve cleaned the coffee out.) its hard to say the description doesnt describe if its unique in any way.

Comment

Hi Silverpearl,
      its called a milk frother and theyre readily available here. Try the 2 dollar shops, the kitchen aisle at the department stores, kitchen shops, etc.

Comment

Or those battery-operated wands. Not the real thing. Like steam. Reminds me of the double-wall baskets which are supposed to produce crema.

--Robusto

Comment

Originally posted by silverpearl link=1184460104/0#0 date=1184460104
          i dont want to wait for like 2 months for the shipping to arrive from USA.
          not that i recommend getting anything from amazon but shipping is more like 8 days from USA and with the strong aus $ you can get some cheap stuff at the moment. Its the cost of the shipping that gets you.

Comment

If its despatched by sea, try 3 months.

--Robusto

Comment

In theory if the milk is gently heated to the right temperature, which I do in an ubrick on the stove, and then whiked the right way I reckon you should be able to get microfoam and caramelized flavour.

I use an Avanti battery whisk which I think is limited by its lack of power. I am going to try and build up a high powered whisk using a motor usually used for remote control helicopters (an electric motor, not two stroke)

i will try anything if it avoids purchasing more cumbursome kitchen clutter (ie a steam frother or other espresso mach)

Comment

Hehehe ... a few years ago I took a friends lux grinder and a french press/plunger to a conference in Perth. One of the Italian delegates and I met up for breakfast every day to make coffee using more grounds than usual. Then we cleaned out the french press, added some heated milk and "foamed" it up. It wasnt anything like what youd get from an espresso machine, but it was OK.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Originally posted by robusto link=1184460104/0#5 date=1185264645
                  If its despatched by sea, try 3 months.

--Robusto
                  The difference in cost isnt all that different either.

Being the impatient type I spend a wee bit more and opt for airmail.

Comment

Working...
                  X