Dairy Farmers "Crema" milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dairy Farmers "Crema" milk

In Sydney you can get special "Crema" milk for frothing. It costs more and form my experience, I am not sure if it froths better, but I do notice that some cafes use it.

What are CSers opinions on this special purpose milk. Is it a marketing ploy or a real advance in Latte Technology?

Re: Dairy Farmers "Crema" milk

I was getting it for free and find no real discernable diff to the normal full cream, Im back on normal milk now. But with the new balls n all commercial Im working on might be different.

Comment

Ive noticed lately that I can taste the difference in the milk as much as the difference in the coffee. Ive also noticed most of my fave cafes use crema milk.

Comment

I use it at work and I personally find that it is consistently better than just plain milk, which out here seems to vary a bit in quality at times.

Comment

Originally posted by scoota gal link=1186454496/0#3 date=1187127582
          I use it at work and I personally find that it is consistently better than just plain milk, which out here seems to vary a bit in quality at times.
          Id agree with that... I just cant justify the price though... and Wollies /\/Aldi Lite Milk is constantly consistent for me..

Comment

I use Procal and the agent offered me Procal frothy, same price as the regular. I found it harder to control than the regular one, and found it tasted different (family didnt like it at all), so now I am back to the regular stuff, which is a dream to use.

Comment

Marcstolk, how much more is it than regular Dairy Farmers do you find? At work, we get it at the same price for a regular 2 litre milk - of course, that is direct from the milko.

Comment

I use unhomogenised milk. There are a few brands in Adelaide and they taste better. I really notice the difference between homogenised and unhomogenised milk.

The unhomogenised is sweeter in flavour (if that makes sense).

Comment

Originally posted by scoota gal link=1186454496/0#6 date=1187167136
                  Marcstolk, how much more is it than regular Dairy Farmers do you find? At work, we get it at the same price for a regular 2 litre milk - of course, that is direct from the milko.
                  I can only get it in the 1ltr, for approx $2.05 per ltr...

I buy the Wollies Lite 3ltr for $3.50 and is consistently good ... Hard to justify the Crema... similarly priced as the regular DF product which is just a rip off!.

Another product Id use if it wasnt a rip off is the Pure Tone (Yellow Labeled Milk)

Would be interesting to know how much you buy the Crema for...

Comment

When I see the next milk invoice, Ill be sure to remember the price for you! Its been a while since I saw one and the way milk prices seem to be climbing (like everything else!) Id better check first!

Comment

we get the crema cheaper than regular dairy farmers. last invoice was $2.08 for 2L Crema

Comment

Thats a great price!!! Coles and woolies charge more than that for their own 2L milks. $2.38 if i remember correctly...

Comment

yep, it is a great price

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneer Roaster link=1186454496/0#10 date=1187844932
                            we get the crema cheaper than regular dairy farmers. last invoice was $2.08 for 2L Crema
                            Were paying 3.29 for both regular and Crema. How on earth can you guys possibly be getting it for that price!?

I think I mentioned elsewhere that milk is getting expensive...that is actually a dreadful disparity. Even if we are paying more for freight out in the middle of no where... : >

Comment

Fontana (NZ dairy multi-nat) estimates a 20% increase in milk prices by the end of the year due to drought related production costs. I use Barambah Organics here in Brissy - excellent taste & consistently fantastic texturing (skim tastes like full cream, but only .1% fat!). But, its pricey ($3.20 fc/$3.45skim). Purely on grounds of bottom line, Im considering changing to Mooloo Mountain (Parmalat owned) - its taste & micro-foamability is darn close to Barambah, but only about $1.80 for 2litres. Only drawback, they dont do a skim line. As for Crema milk on the market, Ive tried it and frankly wasnt bowled over - marketing it is a barista specific milk is, well, just marketing!

Comment

Working...
                              X