Crazy thought.....chocolate milk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy thought.....chocolate milk?

As matter of pure curiosity, has anyone one ever steamed up some chocolate milk? Is there anything in the flavouring that prevents it texturing nicely?

Im sitting here at work clock watching and the thought just popped into my head.

Re: Crazy thought.....chocolate milk?

It should texture just like any other milk.

I have tried texturing strawberry milk to pour a pink rosetta.

Unfortunately the froth was a very very pale pink and the rosetta looked white.

But texture wise, it will texture for sure....

Gav

Comment

Chocolate milk will steam very well. Steaming hot chocolate mix with milk is an easy way to make hot chocolate, tastes great and you only have to clean the steam wand, not a saucepan.

Comment

I like your thought Viviane and i have seen it done before, it also made me think about Cocoa Art (instead of Latte Art)

Comment

Someone here has already said they practise their art on hot chocolates.

Comment

I take any opportunity to practice, even with hot chocolates. Few spoons of choc/cocoa, little bit of water, mix well until it turns dark liquid, then free-pour.

Comment

Practicing with hot chocolate. Thats a great idea. Cheaper and i can keep pumping them out without feeling guilty for wasting lovely lovely delicious coffee.

Comment

We used to go to a great little stand where they used steamed chocolate milk if you ordered a mocha (which I never did, but the kids loved it). It was in Alaska of all places. Believe it or not, there are some great little coffee stands in Alaska. When its that cold, you need to get passionate about something!

The kids were completely spoiled, and now, any other method just wont do.

Comment

hehe yeah, that is the way it was mentioned of how to make a hot chocolate and a mocha. It has a better taste int the end, and also is significantly faster to make and easier to clean!

Comment

Ive been making my wife hot chocolates with Old Gold 60% cocoa block choc--about 6 squares. I place it in the bottom of the steaming jug and add milk then place steam wand at bottom of jug and dissolve the chocolate and then texture the milk, it makes a lovely hot chocolate and bonus antioxidants!!!!

Comment

Ive always wonder about using flavoured milk . . .
                      Mocha with chocolate milk will be nice!

Comment

I have been doing my hot chocolates with my steam wand for the last 6 months or so.
                        (Breville Cafe 800 series (I know, a small slow steamer))

The texture does come out noticeably different from plain milk. The milk stretches less and doesnt hold its foam as well. It is not worse, just a little different to work with.

I have used chocolate powder, chocolate flakes (Lindt), grated chocolate (many kinds), Lindt Lindor balls, and granules (Green and Blacks). They all work.
                        Though Lindor balls can be seen to be a bit excessive.

Comment

Lucias in the Central market here in Adelaide makes the best hot chocolate in town with the most wickedly delicious deep dark brown chocolatey crema.... *sigh*

For years I have been trying to achieve the same effect with my machine, even using the same brand chocolate (cadbury something I think), but have failed to achieve anything close to it.

I will try to remember to take my camera in and get pics one day.

Comment

I find that I get the best result if I add a small amount of hot water to the chocolate in the bottom of the jug and pre-disolve the chocolate. Then add the milk and steam as usual. My kids love a lot of froth on their hot choc, so I keep the wand high for longer than I usually would.

Comment

I bought some double Dutch pure cocoa from bean bay - Ive usually made hot chocolates by steaming milk and then stirring in the chocolate. Reading this post, it seems most people mix the chocolate powder with a bit of water, add milk and steam the mixture - Is this correct? Is this the best way to produce a hot chocolate?

Comment

Working...
                              X