ALDI MILK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALDI MILK

Hi all, i just bought some Aldi full cream organic milk, its called just organics.It makes the best Microfoam cost me $2.09 for 1 litre.Has anyone else used this milk and did you get good results?

Re: ALDI MILK

Originally posted by martybean link=1213944260/0#0 date=1213944259
    Hi all, i just bought some Aldi full cream organic milk, its called just organics.It makes the best Microfoam cost me $2.09 for 1 litre.Has anyone else used this milk and did you get good results?
    Yes- works well but a touch stinky. Really long use by dates on it though. Preservatives or is it UHT in a carton?

2mcm

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1213944260/0#1 date=1213944530
      Originally posted by martybean link=1213944260/0#0 date=1213944259
      Yes- works well but a touch stinky. Really long use by dates on it though. Preservatives or is it UHT in a carton?

2mcm
      With Aldi, you never know haha

Comment

Ive been using Aldi full cream for awhile now. Never tried the organic stuff tho. The regular full cream works pretty well.

Comment

I dont think its UHT but it does say homogenised & ultra pasturised and use within 3 or 4 days of opening.The use by date says use by 08/08/08, yet it doesnt taste like UHT.
          Maybe ultra pasturised also has the same affect as Ultra Heat Treated.
          I didnt notice the stinkyness but I have a dreadful throat infection at the moment, maybe I cant smell as well as normal.

Comment

Yes, i am getting good texture from this milk. Its German, it must be good, lol.

Comment

Anything can be better than omega-3 enriched milk for texturing. Stuff smells like fish when you steam it.

Comment

Yum, Tuna Latte.
                Ultra Pasteurized:
                The official U.S. government definition of an ultra-pasteurized dairy product
                stipulates
                "such product shall have been thermally processed at or above 280° F
                for at least 2 seconds, either before or after packaging, so as to produce a
                product which has an extended shelf life under refrigerated conditions."

Confusingly, ultra-pasteurized milk is oftentimes referred to as or labeled as
                UHT, for "ultra-high temperature." It is the high-temperature processing that
                gives the milk an extended shelf life (ESL).
                Quote from notquitecrunchyparent.blogspot.com

I had no idea. Now we know.

Anyhow, i still cant get good microfoam whichever milk i use. Itll come, sometime.

Comment

Ive just got Silvia and have done some milk drinks, seems to steam quite easily to a fairly good foam, though ive only steamed 2 or 3 times so far. Good job for the price it is

Comment

Originally posted by phrostyboi link=1213944260/0#8 date=1219059327
                    Ive just got Silvia and have done some milk drinks, seems to steam quite easily to a fairly good foam, though ive only steamed 2 or 3 times so far. Good job for the price it is
                    Agree "pb"....

Ive tried all the varieties available from the usual supermarket stores in our little town and since Aldi moved in a short time ago, started giving their milk a try. I must say that their Full Cream Milk is pretty darn nice and textures up into some excellent microfoam.... 8-)

Mal.

Comment

And for around $3.80 for 3lt, who can argue?

Comment

almost managed a rosetta with it a couple days ago too, 3rd time steaming with the silvia, seems to stretch quite fast, 30 secs is about all you need for enough milk for a single latte / capp

its certainly nothing like UHT milk at all, have tried and failed with steaming that stuff many times

Comment

I agree with 2muchcoffeeman. Microfoams very easily (perhaps less heat sensitive when steaming due to heat treatment?) and has a slight and hopefully organic pong!

Comment

guys, does any one use the light (slim/skin/wanker) ALDI milk? Ive recently moved and now with an ALDI so close we do most of our shopping there.
                            I just havent been having much luck with the skim variety

Comment

Originally posted by 7C747B7D752F2A1E0 link=1213944260/13#13 date=1236139980
                              guys, does any one use the light (slim/skin/wanker) ALDI milk?
                              ;D

I just havent been having much luck with the skim variety
                              I use it all the time, including the full cream. Just so you know, the ALDI milk is PURA milk with the Aldi packaging.

You will find, and I believe most here do, that the Pura milk seems to do very well in the texturing department...full and light.

-Linda

Comment

Working...
                              X