Favorite milk for cappuccino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite milk for cappuccino

Whats your favorite milk for cappuccino? (brand)

Re: Favorite milk for cappuccino

Cows milk.

Comment

Steamed milk

Comment

I like A2 full-cream milk. It seems to produce better microfoam for me than most of the other major brands.

Comment

Full cream milk is best for capos and lattes, skim tends to separate very quickly and does not have the same sweetness as a full cream.

Comment

Pauls Full cream is doing the job for me at the moment. While the Coles generic brand comes out silky smooth and creamy appearance, getting a decent rosetta on it seems that bit harder than the Pauls Full Cream.

Comment

Pauls and Pura full cream is what the wife gets so thats what I use
              I get good results with both

KK

Comment

Perhaps it depends which state you live in. I find that we have to change brands every couple of months.

Im in Melbourne and so far the best results come from A2 full cream ( from the special A2 cows) and generic safeway brand gives fairly good results.

Worst so far are Pauls and Coles brand.

Light milk just doesnt do it... full cream has to be the way to go ( and the diff is only 2% fat, not much at all )

Comment

Originally posted by lattegirl link=1216578939/0#7 date=1216701316
                  Perhaps it depends which state you live in.

Yes, must depend on where you live, as I havent got very good results with Pauls or Pura which others above say they like.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill link=1216578939/0#8 date=1216704315

Yes, must depend on where you live, as I havent got very good results with Pauls or Pura which others above say they like.
                    The quality is also heavily dependant on how the milk has been handled from receipt at the shop/supermarket/deli until you purchase it. Not all places put milk straight in the fridge..... then the temperatures of the fridges vary wildly (which can affect the milks qualities) etc....

I have found that milk purchased from my local shop is the best..... gets delivered very early in the morning and goes straight from the truck to their fridge (large closed door units - not open chilled shelves)...... they sell out pretty much every day..... so the milk is always fresh as well. IMHO handling and freshness can have more of an impact than the brand..... and I NEVER use milk purchased from a supermarket (regardless of brand) - I always find that very disappointing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill link=1216578939/0#8 date=1216704315
                      I have read somewhere (on CS?) that what the cows are eating can affect milk quality as well.

Comment

Ive been using A2 lite milk 98% fat free its much better than other lite milks and produces a good microfoam.
                        Some C/Sers may have seen ACA report on Dairies adding Permeate to milk this may be why some milk is hard to get microfoam.

Comment

Country Valley milk (Classic).

Produced AND processed on the farm about 5 mins from my place (Picton NSW) . Pure milk, nothing added. Makes beautiful microfoam, tastes great.

Highly recommended if you can get some. Sold around here, Southern Highlands, Wollongong plus a few cafes and retailers in Sydney. (Sorry other states.)

(And they make great yoghurt too.)

Comment

Ive been getting consistently good microfoam with aldi full milk.

Recently bought some woolies milk and it was horribly watery and bubbly.

Comment

Originally posted by lattegirl link=1216578939/0#7 date=1216701316
                              Perhaps it depends which state you live in. I find that we have to change brands every couple of months.

Im in Melbourne and so far the best results come from A2 full cream ( from the special A2 cows) and generic safeway brand gives fairly good results.

Light milk just doesnt do it... full cream has to be the way to go ( and the diff is only 2% fat, not much at all )
                              I have not been having much problems with coles full cream budget $2.19/2L white labelled milk bought in the eastern suburbs of melbourne.

Agree with the light milk though... Its just so easy to oversuck air into the milk and make big bubbles that dont break up and homogenize so easily with light milk..

Comment

Working...
                              X