Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone experience this: sudden milk texture change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone experience this: sudden milk texture change?

Hi, all!
    Just wonder if anyone experienced this phenomenon when you buy the same brand of milk for few months and its all going ok, latte art is pouring itself and then all of a sudden something is changed in the milk and it textures nowhere near like it did a week ago - some soapy bubbles, no microfoam... Could it be seasonal or even caused by the heatwave in Melb?
    This type of bad texturing also happened earlier with a couple of odd milk bottles I bought from Coles...
    I just dont know what to do, I hope I havent lost my skills (whatever I had) just overnight..
    I feel embaraced serving bubbles in cappuccino to my wife...

Re: Did anyone experience this: sudden milk texture change?

Ive had this before. We get groceries from www.aussiefarmers.com.au which includes milk.......its been really consistent but there were a couple of bottles a few weeks back that just werent the same. The milk just wouldnt texture properly.....its all back to normal now.

Comment

Originally posted by 7E6065657A703938090 link=1234484329/1#1 date=1234486230
      Ive had this before. We get groceries from www.aussiefarmers.com.au which includes milk.......its been really consistent but there were a couple of bottles a few weeks back that just werent the same. The milk just wouldnt texture properly.....its all back to normal now.
      spot on!!! Aussie Farmers direct! guilty as charged, then.
      So this weeks batch may be alright then... I put this on heatwave.
      However, does anyone know, seasonal changes in food for cows should affect milk. Any brands more/less prone to that?

Comment

i notice this every now and then where i work. we use dairy farmers and for the last 2-3 weeks i havent been able to get proper micro foam with the full cream. driving me up the wall! there is another thread about this and there is talk of what the cows are fed affecting the milk

Comment

Originally posted by 262D243731372036450 link=1234484329/2#2 date=1234486445
          Originally posted by 7E6065657A703938090 link=1234484329/1#1 date=1234486230
          spot on!!! Aussie Farmers direct! guilty as charged, then.
          Not them... Its teh cows... :-*

However, does anyone know, seasonal changes in food for cows should affect milk. Any brands more/less prone to that?
          All of the above and much more (Cows in calf have interesting changes to their milk) will impact on the milk and thus the processes that the supplier then applies to ensure the milk is processed, also impacts..   If teh supplier has his heating  slightly at one extreme of the allowed tolerances and then as part of a service or Audit... Finds and corrects.. That can have an impact...  8-)

No producer / supplier is totally immune and or able to fully control all the variables... Let alone and impacts that transport and those your local shop may introduce...   Like many things...

Quality can be like a Bull in a china shop...  Regardless of the signs and intent, you can not control every thing.  And even when the problem is identified, you may have issues attempting to minimize the actual outcome..  :-[

Now if Milk was perfect and remained constant... Every one would be able to do it to perfection... So where is teh fun and learning in that??

More bulls please  

Comment

Originally posted by 446B62607748646B64626068606B71050 link=1234484329/4#4 date=1234488784
            More bulls please  
            Wow! Where do you get the bull milk?

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by 794C5B5969514C535F525A3E0 link=1234484329/5#5 date=1234519852
              Originally posted by 446B62607748646B64626068606B71050 link=1234484329/4#4 date=1234488784
              More bulls please  
              Would you really want to know? :-/

Comment

FWIW: I am having the same issue currently with Canberra Milk...

Comment

I had this on the weekend. First coffee of the day was with the last of one bottle of milk. All ok.

Second coffee for friends later on in the day was a new bottle of milk. Large soapy bubbles. I thought I had slipped.

Made another coffee, same thing.

hmm, good to know its not just me - though my skills could do with some improving.

Comment

Originally posted by 27252921212F2835460 link=1234484329/8#8 date=1234752169
                    I had this on the weekend. First coffee of the day was with the last of one bottle of milk. All ok.

Second coffee for friends later on in the day was a new bottle of milk. Large soapy bubbles. I thought I had slipped.

Made another coffee, same thing.

hmm, good to know its not just me - though my skills could do with some improving.
                    yep - had similar experiences in the last week or two. Been using different milk brands as well.

Comment

Been getting bubbles in my milk too the last couple of weeks. Pauls full Cream, Farm House, Pura.. didnt make much difference, I still get bubbles.

Comment

Originally posted by 4843594B141D2C0 link=1234484329/6#6 date=1234523619
                        Originally posted by 794C5B5969514C535F525A3E0 link=1234484329/5#5 date=1234519852
                        More bulls please  
                        Would you really want to know?  :-/
                        And the automatic milking machine doesnt stop until it gets 50 litres...

Mooooooo!!

Comment

Originally posted by 22293E292A2731480 link=1234484329/7#7 date=1234743575
                          FWIW: I am having the same issue currently with Canberra Milk...  
                          Both Canberra milk and Coles milk has been impossible to stretch over the last few weeks, no doubt caused by the very hot and dry weather affecting their feed. Since it is milk proteins that facilitate the expansion, it begs the question as to the change in the nutritional value of the milk.

The fact that most brands of milk are affected simultaneously does raise questions as to how different the milk sources really are when compared to the price...

Cheers

Comment

Riverina Fresh still ok!! No dramatic changes.

Comment

Ive had the same problem with Canberra Milk over the last month. Interestingly the Skim milk still textures fine!

Comment

Working...
                              X