Where to purchase a 1-hole tip for Rancilio 2009 Silvia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to purchase a 1-hole tip for Rancilio 2009 Silvia

I recently purchased the new V3 Rancilio Silvia but am having a terrible time texturing milk with the 3-hole steam tip . Does anyone know where to purchase a single hole tip to suit this new 2009 model Silvia? Thanks.

Re: Where to purchase a 1-hole tip for Rancilio 2009 Silvia

There is just one merchant who sells single hole tip for silvia v3 I can find on the web. Unfortunately, they dont ship internationally.

http://www.jlhufford.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=silvia-v3-steam-tip

Or, you can try to live with the 3 hole tip for the time being. Take a look at the thread I raised for some good suggestions.

Comment

Try blocking up a couple of the holes with toothpicks or the ends of wooden skewers. As you gain more experience you can remove the blocks for more steam.

Comment

Hello, new to CS and just purchased a V3 Silvia last week, just noticed that mine came with a single hole?

Comment

Rancilio changed their mind and decided to change back to single hole tip for new shipment. Lucky you!

Comment

Seriously / by all means get yourselves a one hole tip BUT...

There is nothing wrong with the "multi" hole tip supplied on the early 2009 machines. It works. I know it does, because it was one of the first things I compared between the previous and current model machines to counter this type of discussion.

You need to spend more time practicing or get some advice.

All machines require different techniques for texturing milk and plenty of barristers have jobs in two or three cafes that all use different equipment. They learn and use a different technique to suit each piece of equipment, they dont carry a "special" tip around in their pocket to screw onto each machine they use.

Sorry!

Comment

if you look on the left, you could try emailing sitesponsors@coffeesnobs.com.au , which will email a query to every sponsor, then i guess itd be cheapest/first in best dressed?

Comment

Originally posted by 605F69485F5F444E466E2D0 link=1246246365/3#3 date=1247120825
                Hello, new to CS and just purchased a V3 Silvia last week, just noticed that mine came with a single hole?  
                Awesome news... Im getting mine replaced ASAP!! if I can find parts!!

Originally posted by 694843445E67602D0 link=1246246365/5#5 date=1247352763
                There is nothing wrong with the "multi" hole tip supplied on the early 2009 machines. It works. I know it does, because it was one of the first things I compared between the previous and current model machines to counter this type of discussion.

You need to spend more time practicing or get some advice.
                Its really really really darn hard!!! Even a few months with it....... [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

Comment

Working...
                X