Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you create latte art with a domestic coffee machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you create latte art with a domestic coffee machine?

question as the thread title suggests.. ive been trying with my Gaggia Platinum Vision but with no joy..

Ive watched quite a few youtube videos on frothing etc, but they tend to be using commercial machines.. so would love to know if its possible..

Re: can you create latte art with a domestic coffee machine?

Yes. But youll have to take your "froth enhancer" off.

charlie.

Comment

depends what machne you have.
      i think in general, that while less powerful steamers are a bit more manageable in that you have more time, sometimes not having enough steam makes achieving microfaom pretty difficult..

aaron

Comment

looks like from your avitar you are pritty good

Comment

Ive been away for 6 months but heres the first coffee I made on the 6910 when I got back to work on Tuesday.

As I was steaming the milk I was agonising over how slow it was but when Id finished the milk looked good.

Not a bad result I think.

Comment

I got latte art out of my $99 sunbeam ristretto that is equally good as from my new machine. The new machine with such a big boiler puts out pretty much as much steam as a commercial one so answer is a definate yes you can.

Comment

thanks for the replies.. im probably not getting the right microfoam happening..

i guess ill just keep trying..

Comment

definitely....this one was out of my old silvia...

there was once I managed to get semi-acceptable art out of a free Breville machine that a mate got from a credit card application.

Like charlie said, put the froth enhancer in the bin, get the right size jug, and away you go!

gavin

Comment

Yep. Ive even managed to do some good milk on a Delonghi Cafe Norma. You have to get rid of the froth enhancer, as mentioned earlier, but it can be done. Practice, practice, practice.

Comment

Originally posted by 363027383F510 link=1246514437/7#7 date=1246587080
                    definitely....this one was out of my old silvia...

there was once I managed to get semi-acceptable art out of a free Breville machine that a mate got from a credit card application.

Like charlie said, put the froth enhancer in the bin, get the right size jug, and away you go!

gavin
                    Thats pretty damn impressive gavin. Something to aim for :-?

Comment

This one was the only one I bothered to take a picture of with my old $99 machine.  Have done far better though

This was the only photo I have with my new $1500 machine.

[img]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/Statesmanls1/DSCF2929.jpg
                      [/img]

Comment

ok can someone tell me what a froth enhancer is, this is my machine:

Comment

I would say its everything from the rubber holder on the steam arm down. They are sometimes referred to as a panarello (sp?)

I daresay once that comes off, you will be left with a short, metal only steam wand with one hole. Might be a little shorter than optimum, but steaming can still be done.

Comment

thanks for clearing that up.. will be removing it and giving it a crack..

Comment

what is the crema like from your machine?  A lot of autos can be a bit lacking I think.  If the crema isnt dark and rich then you will struggle to get nice latte art.  Try dusting with cocoa before you pour ur art.

Originally posted by 434451474A5C7A141C1C1C250 link=1246514437/12#12 date=1246592055
                              I would say its everything from the rubber holder on the steam arm down. They are sometimes referred to as a panarello (sp?)

I daresay once that comes off, you will be left with a short, metal only steam wand with one hole. Might be a little shorter than optimum, but steaming can still be done
                              Some would say it is from the bottom of the plastic thing up wouldnt they ;D

I reckon it would be safe to say that your machine has a boiler so your chances are even better than those domestic machines with thermoblocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X