Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A night at The Espresso School... Latte Art training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A night at The Espresso School... Latte Art training.

Tonight I attended latte art training at The Espresso School

One of Victorias great competition baristas and a regular behind the counter at Veneziano First Pour on a Saturday mornings, David Seng runs intentionally small classes of just 3 or 4 people so everyone gets one on one training.

The venue was Cafenatics in Collins St which is right in the middle of the city and easy to get to on public transport. There was loads of milk, plenty of 600ml and 300ml jugs and plenty of ACF cupware to pour into.

They say a bad tradesman blames his tools... well the tools of the trade at Cafenatics is a 3 group Mistral and a Robur-E, how could you fault that pair??

twas a great chance just getting to play with toys like this.

Re: A night at The Espresso School... Latte Art training.

So the big question on everyones lips is:

Could a barista teach a doppio espresso drinking roaster to pour milk?

Well my latte art sucks, it always has as I only ever pour milk for testing coffee flavours so I dont get much practical time to play.

Sometimes in the past when I have poured milk a pattern appeared, sometimes nothing and while I knew my espresso shots were good and the milk texture was ok I was missing some key technical aspects that meant that no end of practice was ever going to make me better.

What I learnt tonight was a whole lot of tips and techniques that will allow me to practice better ...and better practice should result in better results.

Now while the below pictures from tonight will make many of you laugh, I can see improvement and certainly have a far better understanding of what I should be doing to make my latte art better.

Comment

So...
      If you are looking for training I can fully recommend taking one (or more) of Davids classes.  Great tuition, small class size and excellent value.

The Espresso School run latte art, espresso and advanced barista classes, check out the web site for dates
      www.espressoschool.com.au

After more practice Ill post some pictures in this thread.
      8-)

Comment

Who said a roaster couldnt pour latte art?? ;D

Look forward to seeing photos of your development!

Comment

Looks like a great set up you have Dave.

Originally posted by 516764667167677B47777C7B7B78140 link=1259753525/3#3 date=1259990723
          Who said a roaster couldnt pour latte art??
          Dave, my lack of skill in this department would possibly be the greatest challenge you, as an instructor, could ever face! ;D

Comment

What beautiful latte art Dave!

Good job too Andy

These classes look like fun!

Comment

Looks good to me. Does anyone know anywhere on the Sunshine Coast that runs latte art classes?

Comment

Andy: I worked as a barista for 3 years, that rosetta looks better than mine ever did!

(Mind you, I was trying to self-teach, so thats a bad starting point. I was always too heavy & fast on my draw, ruining the effect)

Comment

Originally posted by 57524F59543D0 link=1259753525/6#6 date=1262822850
                  Does anyone know anywhere on the Sunshine Coast that runs latte art classes?
                  Try that little place that serves Veneziano Coffee in Maroochydore. I saw they were advertising barista training courses a little while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 4F4A57414C250 link=1259753525/6#6 date=1262822850
                    Looks good to me.SmileyDoes anyone know anywhere on the Sunshine Coast that runs latte art classes?
                    Tim Adams @ Pioneer would probably show you. I did a training session with him and it was fantastic, on my own machine at home too. Showed me how to do some latte art.

If you find any others let me know.

Comment

Working...
                    X