Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaya View Post
    Hi tampinator,

I never got to the bottom of it, and still struggle to get the level of microfoam that I want (and used to get with my old Breville dual boiler).

think this might be entirely down to technique though, as when I block one steam hole with a toothpick, I get the microfoam I'm looking for. This tells me that the drop in steam pressure is not an issue, as it takes longer to steam with the method I'm using at the moment.

I may look to switch steam tips and see if that helps
    Technique definitely had a lot to do with it, in my case anyways. Done a bit of research since my last post and I've noticed adjusting the technique has resulted in really good microfoam.
    I keep the jug straight as possible, rest the wand on the back of the jug (up against the spout) on a bit of an angle with the tip right on the surface of the milk. Turn the steam on and keep it steady, I don't get the swirl affect but more of a tumbling affect from the milk.. seems to be the only way to get consistent microfoam in my case...

Comment

Originally posted by tampinator View Post
      Technique definitely had a lot to do with it, in my case anyways. Done a bit of research since my last post and I've noticed adjusting the technique has resulted in really good microfoam.
      I keep the jug straight as possible, rest the wand on the back of the jug (up against the spout) on a bit of an angle with the tip right on the surface of the milk. Turn the steam on and keep it steady, I don't get the swirl affect but more of a tumbling affect from the milk.. seems to be the only way to get consistent microfoam in my case...
      Did you end up experimenting with other tips? 3 months in owning this domobar hx jr, with no success in consisten microfoam

Comment

Working...
      X