Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texturing Rice Milk

Is it possible? :-?

My son is allergic to milk and soy and is bugging me to make him a hot chocolate like his sister has (he is 4, she is 7).

So, has anyone had any success or what other alternatives are out there?

Re: Texturing Rice Milk

Welcome Ballarat Barista,

How about just making it all on water and then adding some rice milk for a bit of creaminess?

Comment

Dont know about texturing, but you can make hot chocolate with coconut milk. Be warned, it is very rich, probably best to use mainly water

Comment

We also have a friend that is allergic to Soy and Lactose so she drinks rice milk.

It is possible to make a hot chocolate with rice milk but it will always come out like a flat white with very little foam.

There are several reasons for this, the most likely probably being that there is very little protein (0.4%) of any sort in rice milk, about 1% fat, and the fact that supermarket bought UHT rice milk is in fact about 85% filtered water, at least 13% rice with some sort of vegetable oil and salt added.

Peter

Comment

i can texture rice milk
          it aint smooth and creamy but i can get air in there.
          i make it for babycinos sometimes and just get aggressive with the incorporating air phase...

aaron

Comment

I have tried a few times with the UHT rice milk from the supermarkets. You can nearly get it to about the same texture as skim milk but the micro bubbles break down very fast. Also, try adding the flavoring in first then frothing to about 45°-50° if making baby chinos so they can be drunk straight away while still frothy.

Andrew 

Comment

i have had very little success with rice milk

Comment

Working...
              X