single hole nozzle for giotto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single hole nozzle for giotto

Bought a single hole nozzle on E Bay for the Rocket Giotto, after getting good microfoam with the 2 hole, using the single has given it a whole new level..

Re: single hole nozzle for giotto

You were getting good microfoam with the 2-hole, but changed to a 1-hole? I guess now its unreal awesome microfoam?

pics or vids required

Had my giotto a few weeks, still suck at milk texturing on it, even after owning an Oscar, which has insane steam power.

I did figure one thing out. my two holes when steaming were vertical, I rotated the wand sideways so they sprayed horizontal (does that make sense)? It textures the milk FAR nicer in the jug... not sure I make sense, but Ill have a video online soon which I took this morning which shows it.

I think I saw that steam tip on ebay also... can I ask, do you have an oring between tip and wand?

Comment

Hi James, it comes with the o ring on the nozzle. I am getting a great microfoam with the 2 hole tip lining the holes up so they are parralell with the edge of the jug and the wand is at approx 45 degrees so the top hole is giving you that pft pft sound at the top of the milk,stretch for about 10 secs and drop the wand into the milk, approx the depth of the tip, also texture at about a quarter turn, not full blast.The single hole nozzle is giving me at least another 15-20 secs of texture time and the milk is as thick and glossy as i will ever get on any machine.cheers..

Comment

Hey guys just using the standard tip and I finally got around to trying the KK method. Have down two consecutive 600ml jugs and worked a treat. Was able to pour a Heart and a Rosetta from the single jug, no splitting.

Comment

I get amazing milk from my two hole tip..

Comment

I bought a single hole nozzel off ebay for my Giotto Rocket works fantastic , great microfoam .....very happy

Comment

Re: Single hole nozzle verses 2 hole nozzel for giotto Rocket.

As Im new to the coffee industry , I thought I would check and make micro milk with the 2 hole nozzel . I soon found out that I cannot compare..... The single hole nozzel is definately worth investing in

Comment

After seeing this thread, I thought I'd give this a go. Went onto ebay and ordered one. I've had Giottos now for about 10 years (started with v1.0) and had fooled around with various steam tips over the years (I've got about 4-6 in a drawer). This little wonder just arrived, so put it on and expected a few goes before breaking my stride, but from the first try I produced a much better result. Awesome.
                Have the others who've bought one all ordered from the same source, up in QLD...and is the manufacturer a CSer?

Comment

I have just ordered one also. At the minimal cost involved it's definately worth a try.

Comment

Sounds like a single hole nozzle might be the trick that tames my Giotto too. Can't wait to try it.

Comment

I have just upgraded to the Rocket from the Silvia and cannot get the stock steam wand to work, assume the single hole will be similar to the Silvia ?

Any links for nozzle ?

Comment

Found and ordered eBay link removed per http://coffeesnobs.com.au/general-ne...icy-rules.html
                        Last edited by Javaphile; 27 August 2013, 03:06 PM. Reason: eBay link removed

Comment

Why bother?? The KK method of steaming milk works perfectly with the dual hole steam tip! You'd only be slowing your whole process down when you don't need to.

Comment

I played around with different methods for 2 years with some improvements. Then I fitted a single hole tip and the consistency & quality of my milk improved greatly. Yes it is a little bit slower but it helps the steam stay at max pressure.

Comment

Will try the above video method, with the old Silvia I could do a small amount of milk, it looks in the attached vid that he is using 150-200ml ?

Comment

Working...
                              X