Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar pressure when steaming milk

Hi,

When steaming milk what should the bar pressure read approximately? My machine reads about .5 bar. Is this too low?

Hi FineGrind,

I dunno what machine you have, but if the steam pressure in my duetto II drops to about that level (0.5 bar) it gets very difficult to produce good micro-foam. I ended up plugging one of the holes in my stock two-hole tip and find it really easy to produce great micro-foam almost every time. Pressure settles at about 1 bar. Hope this helps.

Pete

Comment

Hi FG. I have a Rocket machine and when steaming for 2 cups [large jug] my pressure drops to <.5 bar. Seems to be normal. My previous VBM Junior seemed to perform marginally better but it had a higher wattage element but a smaller boiler.........go figure ;-)

Steve

Comment

I think we have to keep in mind that it's not the Italian thing to drink a bucket of milky coffee

150-170ml cups and 2 capps from a 360ml jug is not impossible.... I'm currently using a Giotto at home and see 0.5Bar all the time. Doesn't mean that I can't get perfect microfoam though. Technique, technique...

Cheers

Chris

Comment

[QUOTE=Talk_Coffee;502178 Doesn't mean that I can't get perfect microfoam though. Technique, technique...

Cheers

Chris[/QUOTE]

Totally agree............ :-)

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X