skimmed milk turning to cottage cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skimmed milk turning to cottage cheese

Can anyone help? I have only had this experience since changing to skimmed milk and have had it twice with skimmed milk bought on seperate occassions that is well within its use by date. What happens is that at a certain stage the milk turns into solids and has the appearance of cottage cheese. Either something has changed in my maching (Giotto) or this is something particular to skimmed milk? Had the machine for a few years now without ever having had this experience.

Happened just last week at work! So no, not your machine but just the milk fortunately.

Michael

Comment

Hmm....Not normal.

I suspect that somewhere in the chain, the milk has been stored poorly. 1hr at room temperature = 1 day of fridge age.

Comment

I wonder if it's because skimmed milk goes off quicker than milk with fat in it? As I say, been frothing milk for about 4 years now without ever having had this experience and nothing has changed in my behaviour (towards milk).

Comment

I was just thinking about the milk I use this morning when making a coffee. I'm so particular about my milk choice, like I'm sure many others are on here. I notice with a lot of the milk I use over the summer season that you get a lot of bad batches of milk. I suspect somewhere along the chain its been left out a little to long in the sun. That's just my thoughts but its seems to always be the way in summer here in Melbourne at least.

However back to the OP's question I have a friend who started liking the coffee i make but required Skinny milk i cant say it went to cottage cheese but when i added it to the shot once i thought i had just preformed a Science Experiment..

Cant agree with you more Chris about 1hr at room temp = 1 day od fridge age.

Chris

Ps it has to be Carton and not Plastic for me either.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeechris View Post
            I notice with a lot of the milk I use over the summer season that you get a lot of bad batches of milk. I suspect somewhere along the chain its been left out a little to long in the sun.
            Varies according to what the cows are eating as well

Comment

I've had it happen with milk very close to its use by date. Can't remember the brand, but it wasn't skim.
              Best wishes, Russell

Comment

Working...
              X