Jersey Girl - yippee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey Girl - yippee

We have had a run of bubbly milk. One tends to blame the barista (me). Partner got some Jersey Girl milk to day - wow the difference is terrific. Heaps of lovely very fine froth, great taste. It is made by Harvey Fresh and we got it at Coles at Caremont Quarter. Marginally more than normal milk but the added cost pales in insignificance against all the benefits.

Agree with the Jersey Girl, Fergusson Valley milk is normally priced and consistently good too, from IGA.

Comment

I use Browns and get good results, the times I have used Harvey fresh reg full cream I have been disappointed.
      Have used Jersey Girl with good results.

Comment

Browns Extra Creamy, Gold top, Dark Blue label, is a constant box ticker for me. Reserved for weekends and special occassions... and when on special

Comment

I've tried a High Protein Milk I recently started seing in Coles and it holds the bubbles really well when steaming. When I make a cap, the froth doesn't separate, it keeps until the last sip. It tastes a bit different though, not bad but different.

Comment

I've been using jersey girl for past few months, most coles in my are stock it best results by far.

Comment

Originally posted by dumiya View Post
              We have had a run of bubbly milk. One tends to blame the barista (me). Partner got some Jersey Girl milk to day - wow the difference is terrific. Heaps of lovely very fine froth, great taste. It is made by Harvey Fresh and we got it at Coles at Caremont Quarter. Marginally more than normal milk but the added cost pales in insignificance against all the benefits.
              G'day dumiya

Glad you found one of my alternative preferences.

1) Bannister Downs FC - unfortunately only available in glass bottles as a 745ml (why that size??? - too weird to contemplate). BD also have a variety of plastic (yuk) packaged versions. IGA Parkin St Rockingham, amongst others. I suspect the glass one is a lightly processed Fresian as it is a truly mild creamy milk which does not overpower most coffees.
              2) Guernsey full cream 1 litre in glass bottles: cannot remember the brand, only seen it at Fresh Essentials Rockingham. You need a coffee with some grunt to cut through it, however it can be sheer magic. Be warned, the same mob also have a "full cream" (i.e. not marked Guernsey) which is pretty ordinary - perhaps a distant fourth if I am really, really desperate for moo milk.
              3) HF Jersey Girl - sigh, back to the plastic tastes...

After that I have it black.

TampIt
              PS: A note for the unwary - Grumpy Farmer also has 1 litre FC in a glass bottle. Reminds me of the worst of NSW Diary Farmers - it seems to have all cream stripped out and god only knows what they did to the remnants... Unusable, with a particularly unpleasant aftertaste.

Comment

To Mod, Thank you for moving the thread. I realised it was in the wrong place but did not know how it could be shifted.

Comment

Thanks for the tip - I can't say I've seen it, but will keep an eye out for it. I've recently discovered Pauls Farmhouse Gold (1.5 litre bottles) and have taken quite a liking for that. Comes in a choice of homogenised or non- homogenized (the creamy goodness on top took me straight back to my childhood!)

Comment

Originally posted by noonar View Post
                    Browns Extra Creamy, Gold top, Dark Blue label, is a constant box ticker for me. Reserved for weekends and special occassions... and when on special
                    I concur. Have found it better than the Jersey Girl milk.

Comment

Over the moon jersey milk available at Canning bridge IGA. Tasty, execellent texture, but it must have 18K gold in there or something.

Comment

I'll second Over the Moon Jersey, great taste, textures easily and it's proper creamy milk, not the usual bland white stuff. I've only seen it here in Sydney at a local Saturday market..Tony

Comment

Pity, I haven't seen Jersey Girl milk here in Tasmania, is it just a high protein milk or high fat milk?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                            I'll second Over the Moon Jersey, great taste, textures easily and it's proper creamy milk, not the usual bland white stuff. I've only seen it here in Sydney at a local Saturday market..Tony
                            Can I ask which market? Missing my local IGA with a fridge full of Jonesey's and St David since moving from Brunswick!

Comment

I did a diploma in Dairy Science and Technology many years ago now. Cows are hard to standardise. Taints come through from what they eat. What they eat depends on the time of the year, rainfall and what they manage to find to eat. Companies in turn put effort into technology such as vacreators to not only pasteurise but also to remove flavour taints using vacuum.

All milk is subject to this natural variation. Local Dairy farmers know all about this of course. It may help to choose milk based on the area it is collected from armed with local knowledge.

I have acquired dairy intolerance so now it is Soy milk for me.

Edit: Yes herd composition and standardisation of fat influences it too.

Comment

Working...
                              X