No announcement yet.

Milk that does Texture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to rehash an old thread, but given it's a year old - wondering if there are any further recommendations available in Melbourne that I could try.

Comment

Get Riverina from your local supermarket, otherwise try one with a bit more fat content. If Farmhouse Gold is on sale sometimes I give that a go

Comment

I like Saint David's Dairy Milk ... used by some of the better cafes in Melbourne.

Comment

If you're interested in soy milk then it seems Bonsoy comes out on top - the majority of cafe's use this brand. I've used it too and it's heaps easier to get a smooth froth than other soy milks

Comment

Also like Green Pastures from the supermarkets ... good option if you can’t get St Davids

Comment

And this definitely doesn't froth properly but good for your health
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image_23927.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	830076

Comment

Inglenook dairy full cream and light both texture amazingly. I think it's country Vic only though.

Comment

"Great Ocean Road" (Vic) milk works well both texture and taste... TBH taste for me is almost more important than the texture aspect.

Comment

Milklab really nice. Bit on the exxy side however.

Comment

My wife insists on non dairy, changes brands frequently. The best of the best for frothing is Pure Harvest Almond Quench. Some are super hard to froth.

Comment

Finding almond and coconut commercial blends to froth easily with small soft bubbles. Almond by itself froths easily but with a harder bubble. Coconut by itself is hard to control with bubbles too large. My wife keeps finding these blends and prefers the almond and coconut commercial blends. I don't touch them, long black for me.

Comment

Gippsland Jersey and St Davids... both available through Melbourne, check their 'where to buy' pages and Green Pastures, if you're in a hurry and at the supermarket. Procal is also super consistent. Gippsland is a very ethical dairy, who support dairy farmer's mental & emotional well being and is 100% Gippsland farmer owned.

Comment

Made by cow, Schulz, A2- if you need a less expensive supermarket option

Comment

Can also second the St Davids Dairy, it's worth a separate trip to my local grocer who stocks it. I particularly like the unhomogenised option.

Comment

Former dairy sales/brand rep here, I worked for Hunter Belle Dairy Co until a few weeks ago, their Unhomogenised Swiss Brown Cow milk is honestly the best milk I've ever had in a coffee
                                It does have a more complex flavour profile than your average holstein milk (which is what almost all bigger companies use, along with a few "boutique" brands) so it pairs better with a slightly more robust flavoured coffee
                                It's got a higher fat level and a good protein level to match, so you get an amazing texture very easily.
                                Swiss Browns seem to fair really well all year round even during the extreme heat, most breeds will have a month or so a year where the quality drops and it's near on impossible to texture the milk. Swiss Browns usually can fair this well and have a couple of days at most a year where their quality drops.
                                Their lite milk textures very well too, I think it was sitting around 2% fat last time I checked.
                                It's available at Woolworths stores, some Harris Farms, IGA & Foodworks and various local stores around the Hunter and Central Coast region.
                                Gourmet Co in Sydney are ordering it on request AFAIK

Comment

Working...
                                X