Milk that does Texture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjoyce View Post
    Can also second the St Davids Dairy, it's worth a separate trip to my local grocer who stocks it. I particularly like the unhomogenised option.
    Yep, St Davids milk is what I use - lucky the local grocer just around the corner stocks it.

Comment

I live in Western Australia and I’m currently experiencing a few problems with milk. Is this a recognised time of year for such problems or should I search further. The issue is slightly complicated by my Profitec 700 being recently returned after a service. I have had problems at varying times in the past with this and a different machine- but it has always resolved after a week or two- so I’ve put it down to the milk. I’m currently using Harvey fresh full cream milk- but will use Banister Downs whenever I get my hands on it.

Comment

• ev
        ev commented
        Editing a comment
        Boiler pressure can play a big role here. Is it possible that yours was reduced when the machine was serviced? I struggled with inconsistent texturing for years & kept blaming the milk. I recently discovered my pressure was too low due to a faulty gauge from the factory. I now get great results with any milk I throw at it!

Evan.

• TampIt
        TampIt commented
        Editing a comment
        G'day Debs6
        I think it must be your machine. As Yelta stated (OP) there is about a three week change of season - that was about 6 weeks ago in WA.

FYI, I use Bannister Downs in glass bottles (yay - at last no plastic in my milk) by choice, although I did both Harvey Fresh and Ferguson Valley (reputedly also Harvey Fresh) last weekend at a mates place. Both frothed up easily.

TampIt

Originally posted by Debs6 View Post
      I live in Western Australia and I’m currently experiencing a few problems with milk. Is this a recognised time of year for such problems or should I search further. The issue is slightly complicated by my Profitec 700 being recently returned after a service. I have had problems at varying times in the past with this and a different machine- but it has always resolved after a week or two- so I’ve put it down to the milk. I’m currently using Harvey fresh full cream milk- but will use Banister Downs whenever I get my hands on it.
      Hi Debs6, I am also in WA, try “Jersey girl”. It is currently holding a great texture on my Profitech pro 500 and La Pavoni Professional.
      Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone know if it is easy to adjust the pressure on Profitec Pro 700- or do I need to get it back to the guy that serviced it

Comment

Working...
        X