Goats Milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goats Milk

I have a friend who is lactose intolerant. She claims cows milk and cows milk products make her ill, but goats milk and its products are OK. I was wondering whether anyone has experience in texturing goats milk and where it is available in Melbourne. I thought I should give it a try next time she is in town if it textures well and is available.

I am not sure if goats milk would go well with coffee, it has a very "peculiar " taste that I just can't stand, even my wife who drinks goats milk don't dare to add it to her tea. Is she open to plant based milk replacements?

So far the best milk replacements I have found is soy-based (Bonsoy soy milk, used by many cafes ) and oat-based (Oatly Oat Milk, starting to appear in supermarkets). Other members have had success with almond milk, but I have tried most brands and find it adds too much secondary flavours.

Comment

I've had to endure this for a friend who only tolerates goat milk and must have coffee with milk.

It's quite high fat and textures really well. I didn't really find much difference to cows milk.

To my palate goats. milk is only drinkable fresh and cold.

As soon as it gets old or is heated it starts to taste like Billy goats smell - gawd awful!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SanderP View Post
        I've had to endure this for a friend who only tolerates goat milk and must have coffee with milk.

It's quite high fat and textures really well. I didn't really find much difference to cows milk.

To my palate goats. milk is only drinkable fresh and cold.

As soon as it gets old or is heated it starts to taste like Billy goats smell - gawd awful!

Cheers
        I agree, have been subjected to the stuff in the past, never again.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
          I agree, have been subjected to the stuff in the past, never again.
          Makes good cheese though. I don't tend to match cheese and coffee though.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a go and see what she thinks.

Comment

Barry mentioned that it makes good cheese.
              Yep it does.
              We often buy the "Meredith Dairy" Goats Milk cheese. It comes in a glass jar under oil. Aussie made. Absolutely delicious. Not inexpensive :-)
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by SanderP View Post
                I've had to endure this for a friend who only tolerates goat milk and must have coffee with milk. It's quite high fat and textures really well. I didn't really find much difference to cows milk. To my palate goats. milk is only drinkable fresh and cold. As soon as it gets old or is heated it starts to taste like Billy goats smell - gawd awful! Cheers
                A little off topic, but since you mentioned how Billy Goats smell, you know why they smell bad? Have you ever noticed the yellowing of their hair around the snout/face area? Mmm yeah, it’ll make you think twice about giving them a kiss on the cheek! 🤮

Comment

Working...
                X