Lactose free Milk (Cow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lactose free Milk (Cow)

Ok, after many years of drinking coffee, it may have dawned on me that I might be slightly lactose intolerant

So, SWMBO asked me to try lactose free alternative.... soy, almond, oats..... all terrible to my taste.

Tried the Brownes lactose free milk which is the most drinkable option, but I found it to be very sweet and taste more like "ice coffee in a box" type taste...

Anyone can recommend a lactose free cow milk that actually taste like real coffee?

thanks

my usual drink is either a latte or flat white

Have you tried Zymil? Pauls make Zymil from cows milk with the Lactose already broken down. If it's just the Lactose that is the issue that's what I'd use. We've had some in the household recently for the daughters boyfriend and it steams well and tastes pretty much the same as regular milk.

Comment

If you haven't already, give A2 milk a try - helped for me. My second choice is Zymil, as above.

Comment

ok will try both; Zymil doesnt seem to be available in Woolworth at WA stores... so might try my luck at Coles...

Comment

Liddells Lactose Free Milk. Taste is very slightly sweeter than Hi Lo
          99% Fat Free It's my daily. Don't like the Full fat variety
          textures beautifully
          Been using it for years

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	751305

Comment

Zymil is sold in all supermarkets in Melbourne. I steam it for my kids.

A2 milk may not work for all lactose intolerant.

Comment

I usually buy Zymil low fat but have recently been using full fat for coffees, steams much better (fewer bubbles) Both Coles and Woolies 1L cartons of full cream are also just as good in my opinion, probably out of the Pauls factory, and at 90c a litre cheaper its hard to justfy buying the brand name.
              I personally don't like the heat treated options, taste cheesey to me.

Comment

Originally posted by okitoki View Post

Tried the Brownes lactose free milk which is the most drinkable option, but I found it to be very sweet and taste more like "ice coffee in a box" type taste...

Anyone can recommend a lactose free cow milk that actually taste like real coffee?

thanks

my usual drink is either a latte or flat white
                You will probably find that all lactose free milks are sweeter than standard milk. This is because the lactose is broken down, through the addition of the enzyme lactase, to glucose and galactose - which are sweeter than lactose. This will probably contribute to the odd flavour.

Comment

• amberale
                  amberale commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have recently discovered that I am at least partially lactose intolerant.
                  I normally have a quarter to a half of a hermesetas tablet in my coffee but now that I use Zymil for my lattes and macchiatos I find it too sweet if I add it.

Very interesting topic. I will try some Zymil too

Comment

I've used full-fat Zymil successfully, although I tend to buy Fleurieu Milk Company lactose-free full fat milk since they're based in SA and easy to find.

Absolutely true about the sweeter taste which is definitely forgiving of bad coffee -- I used to even get compliments when I made pod coffee!

Comment

Up here in north QLD we have Mungalli milk. They do a biodynamic lactose free jersey milk it is fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                    X