Barista Hustle and Katana Milk Jug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barista Hustle and Katana Milk Jug

Hi, does anyone know the relationship/difference between the Barista Hustle milk jugs (400ml & 600ml) and the Shinsaku Fukayama Katana milk jugs (also 400ml and 600ml)?

From all the marketing material and design, they appear to be identical other than logos. Are they the same?

Is the katana jug really made by barista hustle? or is there some parent company that owns both?

Also does anyone have any experience with these milk jugs for latte art, and vs the motta jugs?

-Cats
    Last edited by Javaphile; 20th February 2020, 06:48 PM. Reason: Commercial link removed

They are mostly the same shape. The spout is different
    Both have a nice feeling and straight handle and measurements on the inside
    The BH spout is similar to the incasa or Trenton jug. Wide mouth great for classic tulip style
    Katana spout is much more narrow but still nowhere near pointy.
    I have BH at work & own a katana which I would recommend if you are after a more versatile jug.
    Motto bell style jugs are good for steaming in but not for latte art imo

I’d guess made in the same factory as both are part of the St Ali family.

None of the above will make your art better unless you practice.
    FWIW I use the ADA Crew 3.0 and a modified Trenton jug (just hard to find a straight one)
    I don’t really use my Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
      They are mostly the same shape. The spout is different
      Both have a nice feeling and straight handle and measurements on the inside
      The BH spout is similar to the incasa or Trenton jug. Wide mouth great for classic tulip style
      Katana spout is much more narrow but still nowhere near pointy.
      I have BH at work & own a katana which I would recommend if you are after a more versatile jug.
      Motto bell style jugs are good for steaming in but not for latte art imo

I’d guess made in the same factory as both are part of the St Ali family.

None of the above will make your art better unless you practice.
      FWIW I use the ADA Crew 3.0 and a modified Trenton jug (just hard to find a straight one)
      I don’t really use my Katana 600
      I own a BH jug but all along thought it was the exact same as the Katana. Will have to have a better look into it!

To add to the feels - my BH jug is nicely plated on the outside, I don't feel like it is too shiny and will be easy to spot marks, nor is it matte either, probably just about the right amount of shine. As advertised, I compared it to my other jugs and there is definitely a difference in terms of symmetry and circularity with regards to the shape and also the placement and alignment of the spout and handle. This means more precision in my latte art, and also nice not having to have a tiny crook in my wrist one way or another to align the spout to cup.

Comment

Very similar but different
        on the left it the katana, bh is on the right
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X