X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Knobby and welcome.
    Nice setup.
    Totally agree with Yelta, that's what I've been doing for years.
    Would be an advantage however if you had a second grinder so that you would not have to play around with the settings on your Atom. Doesn't have to be expensive.

Cheers
    Mal

Comment

• My 1st post

Greetings fellow snobs!

I'm happy to find this site with such a great wealth of knowledge and experience.
      After much research I decided to buy the 'Breville Dynamic Duo' Dual Boiler machine with separate smart grinder, on sale at $1100.

After some practice (I was a bit rusty.. actually very rusty) I've managed to make a couple of quite decent piccolos and lates with a blend from a local roaster.

I just cant get into drinking straight espresso, I've tried to for tasting purposes but to me it's too extreme and I cant distinguish much from one to another unless there is something wrong with it like too bitter, watery or burnt.

It amazes me how people can pick out flavours like caramel or berry notes in an espresso and tell all sorts of things about the beans. When I tried, I kinda felt like those people who go to a winery to taste wine, they don't know much but want to seem like they know so they sniff it and swash the wine around in their mouth and make some vague comments but in reality to them it just tastes like wine, its either nice or its not nice

No doubt there are threads on here which can educate me in that regard. In the meantime, I'll keep practicing. Cheers.

Comment

• Welcome aboard Thurisaz.
        Like you said, plenty of info on this site for you to soak up as required.
        Also, feel free to share your own thoughts and experiences.

Cheers
        Mal

Comment

• Welcome mate...

I find it very difficult to properly describe everything that's going on across the palate with straight espresso too. Rather, I make a Long Black (not too long) which makes it much easier to identify the various flavours in the mix...

Mal.

Comment

• I wouldn’t worry too much. Some people take it too far and like whisky start almost making it up.

Classic is my wife and I often play games with coffee or whisky to guess what flavours we can taste. Sure enough sometimes we are close and other times we are way off.

But let me tell you a secret, if I tell you it tastes like blueberries there is an almost 95% chance you can then taste that. The power of suggestion is amazing.

Comment

• Hi everyone. Iv'e made the step up from pods to buy a (very) pre-loved EM6910 and EM0480. I have no idea what sort of condition they are in internally, but were a bit of a bargain, so I jumped on board.

Is it worth a service, or just a good clean and descale?

Any newbie tips/tricks would be appreciated!

Comment

• Welcome all newbies!
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by flymo View Post
                  Hi everyone. Iv'e made the step up from pods to buy a (very) pre-loved EM6910 and EM0480. I have no idea what sort of condition they are in internally, but were a bit of a bargain, so I jumped on board.

Is it worth a service, or just a good clean and descale?

Any newbie tips/tricks would be appreciated!
                  Try a good clean an descale see how that goes first, get your beans and grind sorted, and then see whats in the cup

Comment

• Hey everyone. Not that new here (have been a member for many years). Recently jumped back in to the world of coffee, and picked up a Lelit Bianca.

I’ve dabbled in espresso for some time, and used to use A Gaggia baby and an EM6910.

Currently own a once used Baratza Sette 270Wi, and will probably sell that and upgrade to a nicer grinder to go with the Bianca.

Thanks for having me back!

Comment

• Hi there. I'm very new here and am contemplating buying a new (or used) coffee machine. I currently have an industrial sized jar of Moccona, so anything (I hope) will be a step up.

I'm looking around the mid to high end ($1.5-$2.5k) for a machine that will be used once or twice in the morning (for a milk coffee) and once or twice in the afternoon/evening for an espresso or two.

Currently on my list are the Rocket Apartamento, the Quick Mill Rubino or the Expobar Minore IV, but with very little knowledge or research underpinning these options.

Any help would be welcomed! Thanks!

Comment

• Welcome "Justinn"...

Lots of folks around here can help you out.
                        Best to open a thread in the relevant category though so we can all find it easily...

Mal.

Comment

• Yes will do, Mal. Thank you.

Comment

• Hello all, I found your site while trying to fix a breville em6910 and got all the info I needed. Replaced steam pump then did another fix later on. I got another year at least out of that machine for the $45 or so that the parts cost.

I then bought a Lelit Diana, and the grinder has come to be known as Charles....

I did a search but couldn’t find good info on cleaning / descaling it.

Matt

Comment

• Hello everyone! I'm John and I'm a newbie at this forum and in a coffee making too.
                              I try my best and I want to learn more here.
                              Happy to see you all here. Have a great day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cluell View Post
                                Hello everyone! I'm John and I'm a newbie at this forum and in a coffee making too.
                                I try my best and I want to learn more here.
                                Happy to see you all here. Have a great day!
                                Welcome to Coffee Snobs Cluell, good to see another South Aussie on board.

Comment

Working...
                                X