Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all, I'm Ash and I'm the founder of 'brewstr'. I am based in Brisbane and love chatting to the local roasters up here (loving Renegade Roasters at the moment in Moorooka). I brew with the ol' Breville Barista Express at home, using whatever beans I've been sent this week!

Comment

• Hi Ash, welcome. Also congratulations on becoming a sponsor, I can tell by the fact you are using your business name you must be a sponsor. When I look under Geelong you seemed to have missed our host here, Coffee Snobs for beans.

Comment

• Not a Sponsor but someone polite enough to ask if they could share the existence of their site here prior to actually having done so. As it was non-commercial the thumb's up was given.

Java "And of course remains that way" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

• Hi all,

Again, love the site. Although I am new here, I have already made a post seeking recommendations on my first espresso and grinder. When I am able, I will post a picture of my newly acquired setup.

I havent always been a coffee snob, as Ive always had coffee anyway i can get it. As I get older though, I feel good coffee (paired with a nice cigar) is becoming a simple pleasure of mine. And that is the path I am on now.

Ive used a french press regularly (with both store bought and ground grinds and recently hand ground ) and recently tried an Aeropress as well as the Delter (with fresh whole beans and a hand grinder). All three make good/great coffee in their own rights.

Two days ago I purchased a Rancilio V3 Silvia and Rock combo and im absolutely loving it!! Still have a big learning curve but excited at the thought.

Thanks again for the welcome, and hope to pick your brains even more as we all move forward on this crema journey together.

Cheers,
          2Dads

Comment

• Welcome 2Dads....

Mal.

Comment

• Welcome to the club 2Dads, looks like your well on the way to discovering the joys of good coffee.

Comment

• Hey from Hobart! I'm a long time lurker, first time register(er?)! When it's working I run a Breville Barista Express, however as it's mostly dead currently I've shifted across to taking advantage of my Toddy cold brew setup instead.

So, uh hi!

Comment

• Welcome blahjedi,

Enjoy your roam around! If you haven't spotted it already here's a thread that might interest you: https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...ip-thread.html

Java "Been a Toddy fan for over 40 years" phile
                  Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

• Hi, I am new here. The office where I work has a Rocket as well as a bunch of great coffee places within a few blocks so I am normally pretty spoilt for good coffee 5 days a week. However working from home for the last few months has put me on the search for a better way to make good coffee at home, which has led me here. Hoping to learn a thing or two from the collective wisdom on the forum! Matt.

Comment

• Hi everyone I'm Steve.

Ive been reading up on here and brewing and drinking decent coffee for five years or so now but have never jumped into blending or roasting yet mostly due to time and space.

Bought a Rancilio Silvia espresso machine from a member here a couple of years back and as you would imagine it gets used every day.

Look forward to learning more and making better coffee.

Cheers

Comment

• Nice to hear from you Steve...

Mal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimal View Post
                          Nice to hear from you Steve...

Mal.
                          Thanks Mal.

Happy coffee-ing to you too

Comment

Working...