This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! Im new here. Go easy on me!

Well, no Im not the newbie! But we thought seeing as there are new Coffee Snobs wanting to make their first post that wed give them somewhere to do it.

And some of you know what Im like! I like stuff tidy!

So, if youre new and want to make your first post, please introduce yourself here! Say as little or as much as you like and I am sure youll get a warm welcome back from anyone of us here!

Scoota...

Please note:

Site Sponsors are encouraged to welcome new members in this thread but posting sales blurb, links and pictures is not cool.

Re: Hi! Im new here. Go easy on me!

Hey no fair Scoots!
    I saw the post and was about to welcome a newb and tell them that "Go easy on me" wasnt going to get them any special treatment.

Just the usual friendly treatment everyone receives.

Comment

Well Im a bit newer than scoota Gal and Thundergod around here, but I (like everyone else on here I guess) have become a coffee freak, and do love my addiction. I floated around here for awhile before I actually went out and upgraded my old machine to what I have now ( Rancilio Miss Silvia and Rocky combo). Mainly based on the wealth of knowledge that exists here and on other sites for this particular model. Its been a great way to get more flavour out of my beans, and the joy / frustration of trying to get everything just right, are worth it with the "God Shots", when they come along.

Ive been lucky enough to visit Epic in Perth, so now Ive just started saving up for the inevitable upgrade in machines, so I can get something in my coffee shots that tastes more like what those guys pull! (However fruitless this ambition maybe - they make great coffee there!!!!!)

This forum is a great place to lurk, if youre looking for info on various machines and their pros and cons, and the fact that I can get to pick and choose on various beans each month, something I look forward to doing, once I get my first starter pack and obligatory popper ( and exhaust tip mod - for serous popper mod bling!)!!!!

Comment

Well welcome Ash and good to see you are going about this coffee thing with a good attitude. Roasting your own is a great way to go as well. I am sure you will be having fun playing around with the Silvia and Rocky and should tide you over until your budget gets to what you want it to.

Comment

well... Im newish to this forum, but oldish to the coffee scene, having been around cafes / restaurants for awhile, and have owned my own place now for the last 4 yrs, with plans for expansion!

Anyway, great forum, and great meeting of the minds.

Its good to see what others in the industry (or just plain fanatics!) are up to!

Pat [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Comment

Its always good to see people in the industry here too, I think Pat. Helps to give a good perspective on stuff!

Comment

And gives you someone else to talk to that knows what youre on about.

Comment

Hey everyone, I am quite new to computer, and very new to home roasting. I live in Canada and recently purchased a cheap FreshRoast - 8 roaster. I have made a few mistakes but generally my roasts have turned out just fine!  I hope to learn much from all the interesting postings here at CoffeeSnobs. Well have a great day all.   - Bad Bean

Comment

Hi BB,

Great to hear from you and a big welcome from CoffeeSnobs [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. We too hope you enjoy interacting with the rest of the CS community and look forward to reading about some of your experiences as time goes along. All the best,

Mal.

Comment

Gday fellow snobs.

Its now 6months since I took the feet first plung into the world of coffee and I have not been able to look back yet.

After several years of saving and getting by with a stove top espresso maker I emptied the coin jar and invested in the ECM Giotto. A killer machine.  ;D Goal now is to master latte art which is a bit difficult when your addicted to double espressos.

If I had of known how simple and cheap it was to roast your own beans I would have made this move years ago. Anyway, I am making up for lost time now.

Can anybody recommend a book on coffee that I can recommend for a xmas present? Something that gives detail on bean origins, characteristics and general coffee related stuff.

/me

Comment

Welcome Dr V!

Huge jump from stovetop espresso to HX machine you had. Ill bet that was a steep learning curve!

Comment

Welcome DrV..

Kenneth Davids has written some great stuff. I have his home roasting one and love it (oO time to re-read). Also- if you want something a little more encyclopaedic, have a look at Coffee floats, Tea sinks by Ian Bernsten...

There are a heap of great references...

2mcm

Comment

Ill second the vote for Kenneth Davids. Coffee - A guide to buying, brewing, and enjoying. Fifth ed, $36.00.

Xmas pressy two years ago, still fick through it. Earlier editions might have had nicer pictures though.

Boris

Comment

Hey Mal, thanks for the welcome. I really am enjoying CoffeeSnobs. Others have been talking about Kenneth Davids. Coffee - A guide to buying, brewing, and enjoying. Fifth ed. I have seen many pages from his book posted on the web. I will try and find these pages and post some links. Thanks again - Bad Bean

Comment

hiya,

this is my 2nd post (SORRY! I posted without seeing this first!)

I have spent the last few days (not the whole days just most of them) reading posts and getting inspired to ramp up my coffee snobbery.

My question is... can you still be a coffee snob if you have to drink decaf? I used to think you couldnt - but my 7 week old baby girl (who Im breastfeeding) has started to change my mind. Perhaps its enough that Ill read this forum with the right spirit!

Lovely to read all your passionate and witty posts!

Cheers,

Meg

Comment

Working...
                              X