those little pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• those little pictures

umm, Im a complete goose when it comes to this kind of thing...

Some people have these little pictures or photos under their names... How do I do that?

Michelle

Re: those little pictures

Originally posted by mwatt link=1175141801/0#0 date=1175141801
    umm, Im a complete goose when it comes to this kind of thing...

Some people have these little pictures or photos under their names... How do I do that?

Michelle

Oh Michelle, Ill try and help...

First you have to have a scanned pic
    Second it needs to be hosted on a website other than this one - say, a personal website, blogsite
    then finally, you can edit your preferences and point the site to your avatar (little picture)

alternatively, you can choose on from the list of characters that are provided.

Comment

Michelle, Welcome to Coffee Snobs

- First you have to be a member - you should be able to set up the pic option there...If not
      Enter the profile menu (look at the top of any CS page and youll see it).
      Then go to options....you can choose a default pic (lots available like the devil I use), or you can use your own. You just need to enter the link to access it (I think!). Its all easy to follow

Hope this helps

Justin

Comment

Justin, Michelle has been a member for well over a year.
        I was going to say see her post count for a clue but then if you look at Dennis post count that throws a spanner in my logic.   :

What was that you said about falling out of a tree?
        Which part of you hit the ground first?  

P.S. Michelle - just so you know, the little pictures are called avatars.
        Until I found that out, it was difficult to find out more about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1175141801/0#3 date=1175149985
          but then if you look at Dennis post count that throws a spanner in my logic. :
          Can I help it if I have a lot to say :P
          It must have been really, really quiet here before I came along...and before anyone says they liked it that way...its entirely 2mcms fault. He sold me the machine that led me to roast my own coffee, that led me to drink too many cups, that led me to talk so much :-[

Admit it TG - Im FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1175141801/0#3 date=1175149985
            Justin, Michelle has been a member for well over a year.
            I was going to say see her post count for a clue but then if you look at Dennis post count that throws a spanner in my logic.   :

What was that you said about falling out of a tree?
            Which part of you hit the ground first?  

P.S. Michelle - just so you know, the little pictures are called avatars.
            Until I found that out, it was difficult to find out more about them.
            I realised that shed been around for a while once Id posted. Thanks for pointing it out to me though. Its nice being reminded that Im fallible I just assumed that she was a newbie based on her question. Su[pose I could have looked at the number of posts shes got...thats be too easy though!

Forgive me Michelle for making such an assumption :-[

Do I have to stay after class? :P

Comment

Ah, its ok. I eventually figured out how to do it, but as I dont have any photos on websites/blogs etc. I decided it wasnt worth the hassle for now. Avatars, hey? Im sure my sister-in-law watches a cartoon called something similar to that...??

Comment

Just start a free Photobucket.com account.

Comment

Woo hoo, I think I did it!!!

Comment

Yes you did!

Comment

And, whats more..... What a little cutie

Mal.

Comment

ditto for the cutie!

This thead gives me an idea... Ill setup an avatar upload section of the website at some stage so members can just upload their pictures to Coffeenobs.  Ill post in this thread when its done.

One point to note.... if your image is big then everyone who views the page has to download the full sized image before their browser resizes it to the thumbnail it is.

Now would be a good time for everyone with an existing avatar to check that its not a full screen image resized to a postage stamp.

You can check your avatar from your profile page or by using the below link (obviously change "YourUserName" to ... well... your user name!)

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?action=viewprofile;username=YourUserName

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1175141801/0#10 date=1175233308
                          And, whats more..... What a little cutie

Mal.
                          Thanks Mal, and Andy.
                          Thats Anastasia, my 20 month old snob-in-training. She likes to eat the crema-infused microfoam of doppio lattes. No baby-cinos for her. Next Ill be teaching her to pull shots on the Giotto, and blow raspberries at *$, GJs et al. ;D ;D ;D

Comment

One of my favourite names.

Comment

A late thought after a "how do I add a picture" query:
                              If you attach an image to message (like the image in this post!)

Then you can link to it in your profile using:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/attachments/AndyNoBeard.jpg

Make sense?

Comment

Working...
                              X