Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

    Heres hoping you asre all safe and well.

  • #2
    Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

    my house got owned! We had a massive tree in our front yard - it is no longer, it fell onto our house at about 2am last night.

    Its not too bad though, damage seems minor.. looks like we did Ok compared to people who got flooded, etc.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

      Thats a real shame Bon. Hopefully none of your coffee gear got damaged What part of newy are you in?

      Im amazed at how much flooding there has been everywhere up here. Who would have thought Wallsend would flood? Or King St in newy? Weve got a good trailer load of gum branches down in our front yard - thankfully the tree is still upright though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

        Im at the northern end of the Central Coast. Guess who decided at the start of the week that it would be a good time to finally renew the back pergola roof, and got as far as stripping it all off when the storm hit. Managed to drown the kitchen and laundry.

        The worst admission that I have to make is that yesterday after 24 hours without power I was driven by sheer desperation to visit the local shopping centre (which was the only place for miles around with power) and purchase a coffee at GJs. I proved yet again that a good moka pot coffee is better than a bad espresso machine coffee, yuck! At least I got a caffene hit.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

          Originally posted by Kaffee Schnüffler link=1181343260/0#2 date=1181427183
          Thats a real shame Bon. Hopefully none of your coffee gear got damaged What part of newy are you in?

          Im amazed at how much flooding there has been everywhere up here. Who would have thought Wallsend would flood? Or King St in newy? Weve got a good trailer load of gum branches down in our front yard - thankfully the tree is still upright though.
          Charlestown... you?

          lol, coffee equipment & everything else is fine!

          Sounds like some people really got owned with their house being flooded, etc.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

            Originally posted by Bill44A link=1181343260/0#3 date=1181436234
            Im at the northern end of the Central Coast. Guess who decided at the start of the week that it would be a good time to finally renew the back pergola roof, and got as far as stripping it all off when the storm hit. Managed to drown the kitchen and laundry.

            The worst admission that I have to make is that yesterday after 24 hours without power I was driven by sheer desperation to visit the local shopping centre (which was the only place for miles around with power) and purchase a coffee at GJs. I proved yet again that a good moka pot coffee is better than a bad espresso machine coffee, yuck! At least I got a caffene hit.
            I lived at Lake Munmorah for 4 years - I imagine there got pretty hammered as well!

            Charlestown... you?
            Belmont North - not far! - the road to Redhead has been washed away, so now the beach is 20 mins away, not 5.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

              Anyone in Newcastle who lost their roasting gear and needs emergency resupply of roasted beans - let me know and Ill express post some over east to you.

              If you could perhaps send (some) of the rain back in return wed be square.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

                Originally posted by grendel link=1181343260/0#6 date=1181446450
                Anyone in Newcastle who lost their roasting gear and needs emergency resupply of roasted beans - let me know and Ill express post some over east to you.

                If you could perhaps send (some) of the rain back in return wed be square.
                If any CSers from newy need some emergency roasting on top of grendels offer, my BM roaster is up and running and my 3 speed box bean cooler should be finished tomorrow (pics to come later), we might be able to arrange a time to come by and get some of your roasting done in my shed.

                Grendel, if someone does take you up on your offer, Im sure we could return the express post satchel with some of our rain in it! ;D

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

                  Perhaps this thread should merge with the "Pay it forward" thread??!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

                    lol..

                    very generous offer, grendel! Do you get out to FioRi by any chance?

                    Kaffee Schnüffler, i dont have a roaster but Im normally keen to sit and watch one anyway. I have some freshly roasted PNG PSC AA which Ill be trying this week. If youre keen, let me know.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

                      Yes Bon, quite often these days - at least once a fortnight.

                      Im heading there later this week.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

                        cool, maybe not this time, but next time - can I get you to grab something for me and send it over please?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

                          I could bring you back some coffee.
                          Let me know what you want.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Newcastle Peeps!!!!!

                            Cool, thanks man! I didnt realise you were going so soon.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X