A Lovely Sunday Arvo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Lovely Sunday Arvo!

Heres what we got up to today (for all the biker fans out there.) A lovely ride out from home up a little known back country road that has a fantastic view of the mountain range that is near here. I encouraged a girlfriend to come on her Kawasaki, she was a bit worried about keeping up with me (as the Duke is a 900 as opposed to her 600) but I told her Id not be doing any silly stuff! 8-) And we had a great time, weather was just beautiful.

It was just a couple of hours ride but it was certainly a great way to build a bit of confidence on the bike. Im amazed at how much difference riding with someone can actually make you feel. I guess cause I realised that my friend is about the same sort of riding level as me!

Cant wipe the grin off my face!

Anyone else get up to any exciting stuff on a beautiful winters arvo??

And yes, its a crappy camera phone photo...apologies!

Re: A Lovely Sunday Arvo!

Yep,

Nothing better than going for squirt with a mate or two out on some country roads Scoots.... Really does make you come alive and sharpen all the senses. Theres nothing wrong with that photo either, looks great. Might have been better though, with the two beautiful riders included ....

Mal.

Comment

Went for a spin myself too....

With three cars hogging the garage space, my mean machine was left in the cold night air. Wiped some off some frost, started her up and battled with the sun glare.

It was cold folks, the coldest morning for some time. Three degrees.

After some 25 kilometres I stopped and parked, undercover.

Yep, Id arrived....at work! For work.

Glanced back at the V8 Fairlane whose frosted glass was now thawed, and gave her a nod of appreciation for having got me here in warm comfort.

--Robusto

Comment

Well, it wasnt a Sunday Arvo, but it was Saturday arvo.

Finally got out again for a ride, in practise for a weekend up in Armidale, which due to wet weather didnt happen. Still, nice day for a blat. And who said you couldnt take a great pic with a crappy camera phone!?

Oh and if anyone gets up to Armidale, give the Grassroots store a try for coffee. I had a very good Mexican SO when I was there. And the Goldfish Bowl is still doing nicely with their coffee too!

Comment

nice pic, Scoota.. are those the new throw -overs they brought out for the Duke? they look great, better than the hard luggage...

hmm, miss my bike, i do..

L

Comment

Theyre soft panniers that were made by DriRider, Lizzi. I think that they were designed for sportsbikes in general, they are shaped to avoid the pipes.

I got those off evilbay for a bargain price and its a happy coincidence that they are nearly matching the bikes colour! I think theyre great and theyre huge! Well, seem big enough for me at least.

Comment

Nice pic Scoot. Looks like fine bike weather.

Hint, make sure you stick a line of duct tape between your bags and the paintwork. Cheap, disposable and you can leave the roll in you bags for next time .

Stops the panniers from turning into sandpaper.

Comment

Thanks for that tip, Andy!

I did do that, used the more plasticy type rather than the more traditional cloth type.

Hehe! Just call me Macgyver with my duct tape in the bags! LOL!

Comment

I miss my bike!!!!

Comment

I think we need a new arm of CS, the "we had bikes and miss them support group"
                    I would give up my Abbey for a Kwaka any day....

Comment

What about the "we have beautiful R1 but no time to ride support group".
                      I need a ride

LE

Comment

Originally posted by scoota gal link=1182667718/0#7 date=1194469490
                        used the more plasticy type rather than the more traditional cloth type.
                        Yeah, thats the one.

Hehe! Just call me Macgyver with my duct tape in the bags! LOL!
                        I have seen gaffa tape used to hold 250Mph drag car bodies together and duct tape to splint a broken arm. Great Macgyver tools indeed.

Oh... and good for baby sitting or small pillions too.

Comment

Hhhmmm.......Great picture there Scoots! Oh to be out cruising on the old Norton! Im afraid though that it will be awhile before we see any more days like that one around here!

I bled the expansion tank and radiators and turned the furnace on last night so the cold weather season has officially arrived! : With temps dipping too -5C the -20s and -30s of Winter are fast approaching. Not a fun time to be out riding.

Enjoy your summer!

Java "Duct tape holds the world together!" phile
                          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Nice pic Scoota and fantastic pans - could go on the cover of a mag.

Was a bit worried at first though as the bike seems to have quite a lean on it - I always wished the duke would have a centre-stand, but then it might not look so quick when standing still

Comment

Haha, i just stumbled upon this post. Coffee and bikes have a kinda connection for me...

My husband gave me an IOU motorcycle for my birthday last year so i went and got my licence, and then we found out Im being posted out to woop woop for the next few years (no Sydney traffic and parking problems). So I convinced him that a Sylvia and Rocky would be a good alternative present and thats how I ended up here.

Im loving the coffee and theres less chance of getting hit by a silly driver when operating a Sylvia and Rocky

Now my husband wants to get a bike for himself! Typical!

Comment

Working...
                              X