Upgraditis... technically wrong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraditis... technically wrong...

Aaron (futorima) recently observed that upgraditis literally means inflammation of the upgrade (-itis being the suffix for inflammation)

The correct term for the disease of wanting to upgrade should be something like upgradopathy (-pathy being the suffix for disease in a general sense)

Perhaps for those who want to get over this disease of upgradopathy need to get a upgradectomy (-ectomy is suffix for excision - i.e. excision of the upgrade disease) which may involve buying a machine that will heal you of the upgradopathy?!?!

Anyway, just thought Id throw it out there. Seems that upgraditis has been well accepted as the term to describe the upgrade disease, so not sure if the more technically correct upgradopathy will come into general acceptance!

Re: Upgraditis... techincally wrong...

Originally posted by benandfaith link=1185932776/0#0 date=1185932776
    Aaron (futorima) recently observed that upgraditis literally means inflammation of the upgrade (-itis being the suffix for inflammation)

The correct term for the disease of wanting to upgrade should be something like upgradopathy (-pathy being the suffix for disease in a general sense)

Perhaps for those who want to get over this disease of upgradopathy need to get a upgradectomy (-ectomy is suffix for excision - i.e. excision of the upgrade disease) which may involve buying a machine that will heal you of the upgradopathy?!?!

Anyway, just thought Id throw it out there. Seems that upgraditis has been well accepted as the term to describe the upgrade disease, so not sure if the more technically correct upgradopathy will come into general acceptance!
    So, is the condition of contemplating an upgrade and doing some research about the possible upgrade therefore termed upgradiosity?

Comment

Thats upgradetastic!

Comment

Benandfaith Im happy to adopt the upgradopathy term as is medically correct terminology. However in doing this you will then need to apply a measure to rate the pathogenicity of machines/grinders that is their capacity to cause the disease (upradopathy).

Comment

Hello everyone my name is Sullos and I also suffer from upgradopathy/upgradiosity...

Sits down again and dreams of drinking a coffee

Comment

Originally posted by Sullo link=1185932776/0#4 date=1185935339
            Hello everyone my name is Sullos and I also suffer from upgradopathy/upgradiosity...
            Sounds like you need an "Upgradectomy"  

Comment

I could so add to that but it would sound politically incorrect..

Comment

B&F....I like the "-pathy" corretto and vote it stays on the Island

Sullo,

as I said in that other post, you suffer
                "acute accelerated upgradopathy". and it seems to be coupled with "multiple post disorder" AKA "Postalitis" 

....have you and Dennis been drinking the same water?

Comment

ummmmm

Comment

well I guess upgradopathy is the underlying disease. we feel the affects of it all the time however it doesnt really do any damage. However occasionally our machine dies, a site sponsor offers a special, or we get a pay bonus. upgradopathy explodes into full blown Upgraditis of which the only treatment is shiny crome, and the application of a special crema.

Comment

So do we have any upgradeopaths here?

Personally, Im an Upgradoholic.

Comment

And of course theres the upgradologists with all their various schools of thought of upgradology.

Java "Upgrado what?!" phile
                        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by muppet_man67 link=1185932776/0#9 date=1185939424
                          well I guess upgradopathy is the underlying disease. we feel the affects of it all the time however it doesnt really do any damage. However occasionally our machine dies, a site sponsor offers a special, or we get a pay bonus. upgradopathy explodes into full blown Upgraditis of which the only treatment is shiny crome, and the application of a special crema.
                          Thats awesome: upgradopathy for underlying disease we all have (whether we admit it or not - most of us live in denial anyway), upgraditis for when the underlying disease inflames (with lust?) when we go to the domestic machine section at Aroma Fest, visit a friend with Giotto/VBM/Expobar/Diadema/etc., when a site sponsor has specials...

The ultimate cure is upgradectomy, though it sounds like even when that seemingly ultimate machine has been bought, the disease somehow finds it way back...

Some suffer bouts of Acute Accelerated Upgradopathy (AAU - maybe we can honour Sullo with this by calling this Sullopathy or Sullism or Sullismic Upgradopathy?) and others have a more chronic low-level form of upgradopathy. Upgradopaths are those who suffer from three or more cases of AAU in, say, any given 12 month period?

My upgradiosity is really getting to me... :-/

Comment

Think we must also investigate the causes and treatment of this condition.....

Comment

There is only one cure for this condition....

The injection of large amounts of the minerals iron (stainless that is).. copper and zinc into the kitchen area of the afflicted.....

Those with a lesser affliction can often be cured by injecting chromium into the environment.... but for some this is only a short term cure.

Sometimes huge amounts...... requiring multiple simultaneous dosing (multi groups) is required..... to prevent further affliction...

The treatment can result in a large and persistent swelling on the kitchen bench area of the afflicted..... but after a short period other members of the household accept this swelling..... and even grow to like it....

And the disease is gone for ever! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Taken from the life of a past sufferer

Comment

Working...
                              X