X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chile - Coffee with Legs

Probably something more for the boys?

ABC - Foreign Correspondent - 28/08/07 9:20pm

"No longer do the businessmen want their coffee served with sugar - they want it with legs."

http://abc.net.au/foreign/content/2007/s2015069.htm

Coffee in Chile - ABC TV 28/8/07

Story on Foreign Correspondent regarding getting a good cup of coffee in Chile....somewhat different criteria to Coffeesnobs...  :

http://abc.net.au/foreign/content/2007/s2015069.htm

Comment

Re: Coffee in Chile - ABC TV 28/8/07

Hmm... this thread was started three minutes before you here

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1188211371/0#0

lol

Comment

oops...

Comment

Strange concept, although the general population here has moved out of pubs and into cafes at a great rate so maybe the bar girls are just following the crowd?

...although I doubt someone on their 3rd espresso would tip as well as the punter on their 5th beer.

PS: Foreign Correspondent is about the best show on telly... outstanding stories, well researched, well shot with small crews and very high production values. One of the last free to air shows that employs journalists too.

Comment

Re: Chile - Coffee with Legs

Simple. Instead of asking for takeaway, coffee with legs takes itself away. Leaves both hands free

Comment

Poor bloody Kevin Rudd.

Now if he opts for a coffee to be safe.............

Comment

As can be clearly seen by that story.

Comment

Thanks Thundergod, I needed a good laugh to end the day ;D

Comment

Good point, although it certainly wont be the whole show and I expect it will carry a better message than "we shot some girlies wearing bugger-all for ratings" (a la current affair).

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1188218740/0#3 date=1188220484
                      PS: Foreign Correspondent is about the best show on telly... outstanding stories, well researched, well shot with small crews and very high production values. One of the last free to air shows that employs journalists too.
                      And so it should be, we, the Taxpayer are paying for it! All the other channels can be referred to as Starbucks/\/Stale Coffee... revolting. What amazes me is that most people take what ACA and TT publish as gospel.. how sad and twisted and sick is that?

Comment

And so it should be, we, the Taxpayer are paying for it!  All the other channels can be referred to as Starbucks/\/Stale Coffee... revolting.  What amazes me is that most people take what ACA and TT publish as gospel.. how sad and twisted and sick is that?
                        I reckon that the Chaser does ACA and Today Tonight far better than 7 and 9 can ;D

Comment

And so it should be, we, the Taxpayer are paying for it!
                          True, but not always the case. I would be curious to know what the Foreign Correspondent budget is, I suspect they are doing wonders per dollar.

What amazes me is that most people take what ACA and TT publish as gospel.. how sad and twisted and sick is that?
                          Could it be a reflection of what "the people" want? Those same fluff stories about Paris, Britney, Tom, Lindsey and Nicole sell plenty of garbage magazines and I assume draw viewers to the same low-brow TV.

I often tell myself that no one watches that content but shows of that "quality" stay in primetime so sadly someone must.

(oops, I think I have driffed off-topic and onto a soapbox).

I hear that in Chile you can get your doppio served by girls in lingerie.

Comment

I think the best interviewer On TV is Andrew Denton

But yes Andy, I think the same as you.. " I often tell myself that no one watches that content but shows of that "quality" stay in primetime so sadly someone must."

Anyway... back to topic.. and moreover, back to work ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1188218740/0#8 date=1188257681
                              I hear that in Chile you can get your doppio served by girls in lingerie.

No doubt an underhanded way of getting rid of all that stale coffee that no-one would drink otherwise.....

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                              X