Printing webpages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing webpages

Been a while since my last dumb question...

Occassionaly I find a useful wedpage with instructions and want to print it so I can take it to the reading room (the smallest room) but when I print it cuts off half the page.
    I know there is a fix for this but for the life of me I cant remember it...

Anyone know?
    Printing on a epson e65 - r210 HPColour3700 and a konica 7020 and does same thing.

Is there a setting Im sposed to change so it fits it all on one page?

Sullos

"sporting a new drug induced(legal) dumb look*

Re: Printing webpages

Gday Sullo,
    which print button are you using, the one above the topic thread or the one in the browser page?

Comment

Gday Sullo,

An alternative I use a lot is to "print" to a PDF Printer Driver and create a PDF Document. This allows you play around with more setup options for when you want to print for real. This is the one I use and works like a charm ,

Cheers,
      Mal.

Comment

Sullo mate,

If I want to print off a webpage, ordinarily I dont use any of the print option icons at top of the screen. Just have your cursor on the page, right click your mouse, & youll see easy webprint preview & easy webprint print - left click the rodent on it & voila! Automatically resizes into a printable doc. & fits onto A4 ...

Hope this helps

Comment

What browser are you using Tony? I dont get this option in Firefox/Swiftfox.... :-?

Mal.

Comment

Hey Mal - Netscape Navigator.

This link gives access to the latest version:

http://browser.netscape.com/

Cheers,
            Tony

Comment

thanks thanks and thanks

mal the pdf one still cuts off half the page good proggy thou thanks

Comment

I print via a Canon, & from what I recall when setting it all up, it came with an easy web print program to install.

Dunno about the Epson or Konica though Sullo ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sullo link=1194669820/0#6 date=1194676511
                  thanks thanks and thanks

Hmmm,

Sounds like your printer config is a bit scewy mate. Has this ever happened before or is this the first time youve tried printing direct from your browser? I know with the Firefox/Swiftfox browsers you need to make sure you select the "Print all pages" option before you hit the Print Button otherwise it will truncate the bottom of the page every time,

Mal.

Comment

Now Im a tad confused - the printer config, or browser, as the prob? :-?

Sullo when you right click the mouse, what happens on screen?

If nothing, then mate I reckon you might need to download a bit of an updated program that allows web-configured printing - that is, one thats compatable with your printer set-up.

Could be a synapse prob with computer not knowing printer intimate enough ...

? Tony

Comment

Im using Int Exp, using this webpage as an example if I right click hit print even after downloading updated drivers etc rebooting etc It shows a advanced setup like most printers have, in print preview it still cuts off the right hand column.
                      On this site it cuts it off about where it says "quote" and I miss about an inch on the right hand side??
                      Happens with all printers? I dont see any options for "web print" ?

Sullos
                      Drugs worn off, pain back frustration setting in argh whata week

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1194669820/0#8 date=1194682362
                        Originally posted by Sullo link=1194669820/0#6 date=1194676511
                        thanks thanks and thanks

Hmmm,

Sounds like your printer config is a bit scewy mate. Has this ever happened before or is this the first time youve tried printing direct from your browser? I know with the Firefox/Swiftfox browsers you need to make sure you select the "Print all pages" option before you hit the Print Button otherwise it will truncate the bottom of the page every time,

Mal.
                        Happens allthe time Mal, usually I just cut and paste into a word doco that way I can omit things I dont need and only keep what I want to refer to.
                        Just be gtood to be able to print something out and not have to modify something, and yes, I said I dont want to modify something!

Comment

Might have to wait until Andy or one of the other IT guys/gals catches up with this thread to offer some real professional advice mate..... :-? As a matter of interest, have you tried using Firefox? Might be worth trying out if for no other reason than to isolate it to the Browser or the system. In my view, Firefox kills IE in just about every respect but if you dont like it well, you can always go back to IE.

Cheers Sullo,
                          Mal.

Comment

Everytime I start Firefox it tells me it closed unexpectedly and do I want to restore the last session. Gimme IE! It never gives me any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullo link=1194669820/0#0 date=1194669820
                              Been a while since my last dumb question...

Occassionaly I find a useful wedpage with instructions and want to print it so I can take it to the reading room (the smallest room) but when I print it cuts off half the page.
                              I know there is a fix for this but for the life of me I cant remember it...

Anyone know?
                              Printing on a epson e65 - r210 HPColour3700 and a konica 7020 and does same thing.

Is there a setting Im sposed to change so it fits it all on one page?

Sullos

"sporting a new drug induced(legal) dumb look*
                              I set the page to landscape.

Comment

Working...
                              X