What I Really GOT for Christmas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I Really GOT for Christmas...

But cant really have for financial or whatever reasons...

Be kind of realistic folks and let us all know your Christmas desires. It only comes once a year so youre allowed to fantasize every so often, I reckon. And you never know, if you dont verbalise your wishes, they might never come true!

It can be coffee or non coffee related. And Im talking about being totally selfish here, so dont just express your desire for world peace (though you can if you really want! :P)

Personally, Ive been coveting the Unico Splendor for a few years now. I just love its gorgeous look and think it would look pretty nice in my kitchen...ah but to dream!

Of course, practically speaking, Ill be spending my Chrissy pressie money on a new present for my Ducati...in the form of a new clutch!

Re: What I Really Want for Christmas...

I want a LM GS3 or 1 group Synesso Cyncra 8-), but what Im giving myself is a Compak K10 WBC....

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1197441386/0#1 date=1197441811
      I want a.... 1 group Synesso Cyncra  8-)
      make that two, Chris...oh, wouldnt that be nice!!!!....but what i am getting myself is a new laptop..... in the January sales!!

L

Comment

To sell my house in one week at last years prices. ;D

Java "Hows that for a dream?!" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

I wanted a Rocky grinder and Santa delivered it to me a couple of weeks ago so on Xmas morning I will be able to have an espresso waiting for Santa from the new grinder.

Comment

Thats a tough one.
            Um.....solid Tasmanian oak tongue and groove flooring in the living rooms (matches the boats) and a new pergola roof.

And ..world peace.

Comment

Originally posted by robusto link=1197441386/0#5 date=1197454306
              Thats a tough one.
              Um.....solid Tasmanian oak tongue and groove flooring ...
              Quick Santa, before its exported woodchip >

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile link=1197441386/0#3 date=1197443537
                To sell my house in one week at last years prices. ;D

Java "Hows that for a dream?!" phile

Fantastic. ;D

Comment

Sounds like another potential victim of the sub-prime catastrophe. To quote a former and unfortunate Minister for Tourism, Jackie Kelly when Ansett Airlines collapsed.... "its just a blip."

Hang on Javaphile, Santa Bernanke will stuff your stocking in good time -- but not this Christmas.

Comment

I pretty much have all of the worldly goods stuff that I want and certainly more than I need - the Diedrich arrived this evening and am picking up the Ditting in the morning (they forgot to bring it with them).

So what I think would be really neat is to turn this coffee hobby of mine into a viable, but modest business. Im not after big profits, but rather, a lifestyle that has less stress attached.

That would be fan-tas-tic!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1197441386/0#9 date=1197456884
                      Im not after big profits, but rather, a lifestyle that has less stress attached...
                      Dont we all, mate ... dont we all.

I get what I want for Xmas every year perpetual, because I have the good fortune that we travel from Brizzy 2hrs south to Ballina to my outlaws who have a very cosy spot near the beach at Ballina.

Lush & gorgeous Northern NSW, family, great friends, prawns on the proverbial with an esky nearby!

A relaxed spot to plan a day sojourn via Alstonville to visit Nats Coffee (of Golden Bean fame), on the way to Mountain Top near Nimbin.

I allocate only 3 weeks in my year to a planned holiday (having your own business is SO liberating! :-/) - and its Xmas, so thats all I really want.

Comment

Originally posted by robusto link=1197441386/0#8 date=1197455982
                        Sounds like another potential victim of the sub-prime catastrophe. To quote a former and unfortunate Minister for Tourism, Jackie Kelly when Ansett Airlines collapsed.... "its just a blip."

Hang on Javaphile, Santa Bernanke will stuff your stocking in good time -- but not this Christmas.
                        No worries on my mortgage itself as Ive been here for over 20 years and have just the original (fixed rate!) mortgage.

The sub-prime meltdown is however affecting the price of houses and even more so the length of time they take to sell. Locally were still in pretty good shape, for right now. Housing prices in my immediate area are holding steady but sale times have gone from 2 weeks to over 5 months. The wave of repos is just starting to hit around here so the next year will tell the tale of just how bad the melt-down will affect us locally.

I wonder if I could convince Santa that its time for him to move his center of operations a bit to the south. After all its certainly cold enough here to be mistaken for the pole! Who would know the difference?! : ;D

Barring selling the house Id happily settle for a nice 5 or 10kg roaster and a place to operate it out of.

Java "So many toys, so little time!" phile
                        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile link=1197441386/0#11 date=1197459876
                          So many toys, so little time!" phile
                          sums up the predicament - we all have the toys, too many, but to sway possible global recession ... theres the challenge

sigh

lets reflect a bit over Xmas

Comment

A Kitchner "peltier284" wine cabinet but with not much change from $4000 del..... its just a wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarg link=1197441386/0#13 date=1197466957
                              A Kitchner "peltier284" wine cabinet but with not much change from $4000 del..... its just a wish.
                              Be better off putting in a cellar mate for that sort of dough, then youd have the real thing.....

Mal.

Hmmm, now what do I want? Wouldnt mind getting the little Bezz finished up so that I can enjoy some beautiful doppio ristretto with the big fella in red.... Thatd be nice :

Comment

Working...
                              X