Melbournes "underbelly"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbournes "underbelly"

After watching Underbelly on TV I did a bit of research and found this interesting site:--

http://www.melbournecrime.bizhosting.com/

Its worth a read.

Re: Melbournes "underbelly"

Its a very cool site, the one show I absolutely will not miss is Underbelly. But whats Roger Rogerson doing there??

Comment

I havent seen Underbelly.
      Good huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Viviane link=1207953765/0#1 date=1207955586
        Its a very cool site, the one show I absolutely will not miss is Underbelly.  But whats Roger Rogerson doing there??
        Ive heard stories that he used to fly interstate to do a heist and then return to Sydney the same day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1207953765/0#2 date=1207955958
          Good huh?
          Gripping.

Im not usually one who watches a lot of TV (let alone crime dramas etc) but I have found this series to be exceptionally well acted and written.  That it is inspired by true events is mind-blowing.

Obviously, there will be some dramatisations along the way, so like Greenman, I too have been compelled to do some extra research to remove any artistic license  :

I hope Vic gets it soon - will it air after the trial of Lewis Morans murder, or are other trials pending?

-A-

Comment

Originally posted by -Alchemist- link=1207953765/0#4 date=1207957279
            Good huh?
            Gripping.

Im not usually one who watches a lot of TV (let alone crime dramas etc) but I have found this series to be exceptionally well acted and written.  That it is inspired by true events is mind-blowing.
            Not to mention the great cinematography, the producers/directors are really giving it that great aussie take. It had the potential to be very bad by just falling back on a good story, but all credit where it is due.

Comment

Roger didnt do heists, as a detective he gave the all clear for them to be done, then collected his cut later.  Didnt like getting his hands dirty, I think.  One of the people whose death hes believed to have arranged is Christopher Flannery, who was from Melbourne - perhaps thats the connection.

TG, Underbelly is fascinating - its amazing to watch a reasonably true story and to see that people choose to live with all that hanging over their heads. In terms of looks, the casting is phenominal as well.

Comment

It might be many months if not more before Underbelly is shown in Melbourne.
                Its not just the trial of Avangelos Goussis for the alleged murder of Lewis Moran that is holding up screening....

It is the extradition from Greece, and trial of Tony Mokbel.

Comment

In that case you guys will be having the dvds smuggled down to you before its shown on tv. Tony Mokbels trial will drag on forever even after hes back in the country. I doubt it will just pick up where it left off.

Comment

....This guy is in Melbourne and has all 13 episodes!

Oh, by the way, I can tell you how it ends (!!)

Comment

I heard that Dick Smith Powerhouse will have it for sale on the 8th May... but not in Victoria.

;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneer Roaster link=1207953765/0#5 date=1207958633
                        Originally posted by -Alchemist- link=1207953765/0#4 date=1207957279
                        Good huh?
                        Gripping.

Im not usually one who watches a lot of TV (let alone crime dramas etc) but I have found this series to be exceptionally well acted and written. That it is inspired by true events is mind-blowing.
                        Not to mention the great cinematography, the producers/directors are really giving it that great aussie take. It had the potential to be very bad by just falling back on a good story, but all credit where it is due.

...and on top of all that a very, very good soundtrack.
                        Like alot of other Melbourne based folk- Im thankful for internet piracy!

Comment

Another brilliant episode last night, its going to leave a big gap in my viewing week when this series finishes........................

Comment

I wonder what and why it is, that people find the dark side of society so fascinating? Ive watched the show a couple of times but didnt really do anything for me at all :-?....

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1207953765/0#13 date=1208418530
                              I wonder what and why it is, that people find the dark side of society so fascinating? Ive watched the show a couple of times but didnt really do anything for me at all :-?....

Mal.
                              Mal, it might just be that the people/characters live in a world that is alien to many of us. Like you I watched a couple of episodes. I thought the acting was great, but was quickly distracted by coffee.

Comment

Working...
                              X