Any photos of God shots people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any photos of God shots people?

Anybody taken any pics of there best Espresso being pulled. Nevermind the pretty stuff on top, lets see what beneath the foamy stuff?

Re: Any photos of God shots people?

Never seen one, never had one. If i do, camera will be on hand.

Comment

God shots are as rare as hens teeth. The Espresso Quest by Instaurator a new book on coffee shares his insights and thoughts on coffee. The photography is amazing.....I never have a camera on hand....Im too busy evaluating the espresso.

Comment

I would hazard a guess and say that whats "below the foamy stuff "would look idenfical to any other shot. That is, rather black.

Comment

I only produce "Saint Shots." Surely no one wants to see that mundane sort of stuff.

Comment

Every time I get home from a hard days work I thank "god" for the first shot to revive me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes - David S link=1208669604/0#2 date=1208691397
              God shots are as rare as hens teeth. The Espresso Quest by Instaurator a new book on coffee shares his insights and thoughts on coffee. The photography is amazing.....I never have a camera on hand....Im too busy evaluating the espresso.
              Your on to it, thanks Ill get a copy :-X

Comment

Originally posted by robusto link=1208669604/0#3 date=1208691742
                I would hazard a guess and say that whats  "below the foamy stuff "would look idenfical to any other shot.  That is, rather black.
                Have googled a few pictures and have yet to see 2 the same...........

Comment

A photo of a G-- shot? How About a sound bite of a flower arrangement? A three-dimensional graph of a kiss? Espresso is about taste. A great majority of my pulls are all beautiful to look at. VERY few have sprites. The crema is virtually always dark, mottled, and thick, ever after letting the espresso sit for a few minutes. Yes, its nice to look at espresso, but a G--shot is about taste and smell. I have had two or three in the last 7½ years. A shot that is sweet, buttery, deep and rich, and lingers on the palate for a good thirty minutes after consumption. I pulled two really great doubles this afternoon. They were delicious straight, made to great cappas from them, and they were quite a ways off from G- shots. But they looked like them! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by redzone link=1208669604/0#0 date=1208669604
                    Anybody taken any pics of there best Espresso being pulled. Nevermind the pretty stuff on top, lets see what beneath the foamy stuff?
                    OK OK, all I wanted to see was some good shots of espresso, as a newbie the use of the word "GOD" was a BIG mistake. You guys are serious alright !!

Promise Ill be careful with the wording from now on I did dont want to have to stay after school......... :

Comment

Hey,

As it happens, Ive been playing with my new camera and trying to take espresso shots.

Is this what you mean by beneath the foamy stuff?

PS This is a dodgy shot made with very dodgy beans; I threw it down the sink after I took the pics.

Cheers
                      -Sanch

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch link=1208669604/0#10 date=1208834981
                        PS This is a dodgy shot made with very dodgy beans; I threw it down the sink after I took the pics.  
                        Cheers
                        -Sanch
                        Awesome photos Sanch!!! but if that was a dodgy shot,.. ..... Ive been pourin some seriously dodgy sh!t the whole the time then.  

Comment

Im sure not Remy!! Its what it tastes like that matters! To be honest, im a bit obsessed about photos at the moment so I changed the speed of the extraction to suit my photos!

The beans were ones for the bin; 17minutes to FC because I stuffed up big time. They smelled yuck and I made myself have one sip (ewwww) they taste truly awful! So I figured id take some photos before binning them

Also its a bit hard to concentrate on making a good shot when Im worrying about the camera on the tripod (I dont want my baby to fall to the ground!) and trying to stop the lights and bits of aluminium foil (for reflectors) falling down, and then locking the PF in place and fixing the focus up (time ticking for the grounds). Um, im rambling now.

I LOVE watching the espresso settling; its called the guinness effect and its beautiful.

Comment

Awesome photo series though Sanch 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Very good photography Sanch, I know what you mean its hard to get the photo and the shot right.
                              Cheers,

CB.

Comment

Working...
                              X