Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barista Venting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Barista Venting

    I know we all get alot of good customers who make up for the bad ones...., but some days you just got to vent your anger. Im not talking about the usual skinny, hot, halfstregnth stuff. Im talking about the customers who really deserve to be banned from talking for life!!!

    If this thread does take off Im sure we will all get a kick out of it.



  • #2
    Re: Barista Venting

    yesterday a customer came in for a chai latte

    cust: hi, do you make real chai
    me: we have a dairy and gluten free product with no artificial ingredients that is an instant product.
    cust: no, I want a chai which is tea and spices boiled in milk
    me: sorry maam thats just not practical in here
    cust: oh, ill leave you the recipe
    me: would you like to try one, if you dont like it its on me
    cust: no, I dont drink that crap, my daughter works at gloria jeans and they use it. that causes cancer you know.
    me: (hands cust label), no this is a good product, its just tea and spices put through a mill to crush it into a fine powder.
    cust: no, i dont consume processed foods, at my age (60ish) you have to be careful. Ill just have a decaf soy cap, no choc.
    me: sure
    cust: oh, and a blueberry muffin, with extra cream, and can you bring that outside for me so that I can have a smoke with it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Barista Venting

      Had a regular come in and tell me not to make his flat white not so milky next time; hes lactose intolerant.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Barista Venting

        did s/he just figure out what the WHITE part of a flat white is.....!?!
        "lactard epiphany" !

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Barista Venting

          Originally posted by Pioneer Roaster link=1210652095/0#1 date=1210652433
          yesterday a customer came in for a chai latte

          cust: hi, do you make real chai
          me: we have a dairy and gluten free product with no artificial ingredients that is an instant product.
          cust: no, I want a chai which is tea and spices boiled in milk
          me: sorry maam thats just not practical in here
          cust: oh, ill leave you the recipe
          me: would you like to try one, if you dont like it its on me
          cust: no, I dont drink that crap, my daughter works at gloria jeans and they use it. that causes cancer you know.
          me: (hands cust label), no this is a good product, its just tea and spices put through a mill to crush it into a fine powder.
          cust: no, i dont consume processed foods, at my age (60ish) you have to be careful. Ill just have a decaf soy cap, no choc.
          me: sure
          cust: oh, and a blueberry muffin, with extra cream, and can you bring that outside for me so that I can have a smoke with it.
          Hahaha! That is pure gold!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Barista Venting

            Just reading these makes my blood boil. I feel your pain fellas. Thats why I dont work full time in a coffee shop/espresso bar/cafe. Ill stick to my 4hrs a week playtime. I dont get those fussy types after 6pm on a Friday night - My way or the highway haha

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Barista Venting

              Originally posted by Pioneer Roaster link=1210652095/0#1 date=1210652433
              yesterday a customer came in for a chai latte

              cust: hi, do you make real chai
              me: we have a dairy and gluten free product with no artificial ingredients that is an instant product.
              cust: no, I want a chai which is tea and spices boiled in milk
              me: sorry maam thats just not practical in here
              cust: oh, ill leave you the recipe
              me: would you like to try one, if you dont like it its on me
              cust: no, I dont drink that crap, my daughter works at gloria jeans and they use it. that causes cancer you know.
              me: (hands cust label), no this is a good product, its just tea and spices put through a mill to crush it into a fine powder.
              cust: no, i dont consume processed foods, at my age (60ish) you have to be careful. Ill just have a decaf soy cap, no choc.
              me: sure
              cust: oh, and a blueberry muffin, with extra cream, and can you bring that outside for me so that I can have a smoke with it.
              Pure GOLD!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Barista Venting

                Jason, that was just classic but not an unusual one!

                Weve got some regulars that do similar things like...

                "I cant have caffiene any more, my doctor said so. So...Ill have a pot of tea thanks..." :

                Or...

                "Um, a pie with sauce, custard tart. Oh and one of those little caramel tarts to take away. And a skim latte." :

                Or

                "A skim half water very hot mugacino but Ill have two donuts with it." :

                And Ive said it before but Ill say it again...

                TAKE YOUR BLOODY USED TISSUE WITH YOU! ;D ;D

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Barista Venting

                  Originally posted by scoota gal link=1210652095/0#7 date=1210658380
                  "Um, a pie with sauce, custard tart. Oh and one of those little caramel tarts to take away. And a skim latte." :
                  My wife orders skim as she doesnt like the taste of full cream milk.  We have skim in the fridge at home, never full cream.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Barista Venting

                    Funny as the customer said gloira jeans chai is real, part of it is and part is not... Since I have been working at gloria jeans.... yes i know i know, but im only 14 so at least its somewhere to start. Though they havnt changed my technique at all
                    With the chai they do use acctual tea and spices with hot water. BUT they add about 200ml of chai syrup to "enhance" the taste I think. So I would really think the syrup is artificial and may cause cancer??
                    Have customers strictly asking for skim milk in a caramel latte (I really hate mixing syrups and powders) but when served they get the caramel sauce and drowns the top with caramel???? Perhaps even with a piece of cake too!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Barista Venting

                      Originally posted by p38arover link=1210652095/0#8 date=1210664493
                      Originally posted by scoota gal link=1210652095/0#7 date=1210658380
                      "Um, a pie with sauce, custard tart. Oh and one of those little caramel tarts to take away. And a skim latte." :
                      My wife orders skim as she doesnt like the taste of full cream milk. We have skim in the fridge at home, never full cream.
                      Yes, but your wife is more than likely a wonderful customer who explains that. I do get customers who say similar things too. Its the ones who come in and give you their life story about how they need to watch what they eat and drink. Then they justify their big splurge on pies, tarts and cake by ordering skim milk. I guess in the end, the only person theyre cheating is themselves. It makes us baristi roll our eyes though! :

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Barista Venting

                        I had a customer ask for a Chai Latte. I started making it for her and then she exclaimed:

                        "Oh I dont want milk with that. I like it black"

                        I then explained to her that the Chai Latte is NOT a tea but in fact a powdered mixture which I showed her.

                        "Oh but when I buy it in the supermarkets its in a tea form"

                        I then explained to her the subtle differences between the two, then made it for her, only for her to return it to me saying it had too much milk in it.  [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

                        Lady, you just earned the dunce award.

                        -Linda

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Barista Venting

                          Nothing like a sport stick and a chai latte made with boiled milk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Barista Venting

                            Ive got to say that my customers for the past few years have been lovely, almost without exception. That said, a few years back I definitely went through a bit of a rough patch. One customer asked me for a hot chocolate and wanted it "really hot." I took it as hot as I dared, but that wasnt hot enough, so it was returned with a fair bit of attitude. I made another and basically boiled the milk, as requested. Apparently this was still not hot enough, so she asked me to microwave it. It was so hot that it boiled over in the microwave. I apologised and said that I didnt think that I could make it how she wanted, but she said that that was exactly how she wanted it, throwing in some comment about how stupid I was. So I cleaned off the cup, put it on a clean saucer and gave it to her, saying "be careful that you dont burn yourself." She laughed, rolled her eyes, took a scull, clearly burnt herself and was so embarassed that she didnt even ask for a glass of water, but instead left and never returned. An exceptionally odd exchange, to say the least.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Barista Venting

                              Originally posted by Maccas_chicka link=1210652095/0#11 date=1210676863
                              I had a customer ask for a Chai Latte. I started making it for her and then she exclaimed:

                              "Oh I dont want milk with that. I like it black"

                              I then explained to her that the Chai Latte is NOT a tea but in fact a powdered mixture which I showed her.

                              "Oh but when I buy it in the supermarkets its in a tea form"

                              I then explained to her the subtle differences between the two, then made it for her, only for her to return it to me saying it had too much milk in it.  [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

                              Lady, you just earned the dunce award.

                              -Linda
                              Needs some language education.

                              Chai = tea
                              Latte = milk

                              How hard is that?

                              A black latte? Now Ive heard everything!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X