Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney vs Melbourne

The good ol debate!
    as in, on average which city has better coffee?

Re: Sydney vs Melbourne

Hey, what are you -- some kind of agent provocateur?

Anyway, the last decent coffee I actually paid money for in an actual cafe was in Perth. So there.

Maybe I just dont get out much :

Comment

Has to be Sydney because thats where my coffee is.

Comment

Spent Easter in Sydney, all the recommended cafes (courtesy of CS members) were closed.
        5 days and 12 or so coffees later, not one worth drinking.
        Think we will stay with a CS next time.

Comment

never been to melbourne but had a really nice coffee at Mecca in sydney the other day. Really nice.

can you see the poll without voting?

Comment

Very subjective . How do you measure what is better? Quantity? Quality? I liked the Melbourne cafe scene - it has more of the European feel but you can also experience that in Newtown, Leichhardt and other places

Ive had better coffee in Sydney than in Melbourne but I know Sydney better than Melbourne. I know it looks like Im sitting on the fence but I enjoy both but Sydney is my home.

Comment

As far as having a better cafe scene (as the Poll implies), I live in Sydney, but visited Melbourne just before Chrissy last year, and Id have to say I preferred Melbourne. I dont know if it was new, or there seemed to be more cafes within a small vacinity.... odnt know.... just a vibe or something...

As far as better coffee goes... well thats another topic IMO.

Comment

This comment is tongue in cheek

"If Sydney & Melbourne are so good"
                How come 20 thousand people come to QLD and Brisbane each year primarily from those two capitals?

I hope it’s not the coffee

KK

Comment

Originally posted by Koffee Kosmo link=1216127110/0#7 date=1216184052
                  This comment is tongue in cheek "If Sydney & Melbourne are so good"
                  How come 20 thousand people come to QLD and Brisbane each year primarily from those two capitals?

I hope it’s not the coffee KK
                  To steal a quote from the late former NZ prime minister Piggy Muldoon we are trying to increase the average intelligence of all three cities :P

Steve

Comment

Never been to Sydney, but im sure there is great coffee there. Melbourne is a good place to find a Cafe but finding one that serves great coffee and great food is a bit harder.

Comment

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1216127110/0#6 date=1216182079
                      As far as having a better cafe scene (as the Poll implies)
                      I dont know what gives you that impression.

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1216127110/0#6 date=1216182079
                      As far as better coffee goes... well thats another topic IMO.
                      No, its this topic.

Comment

Yeah I didnt notice it at first, but the Question is "Which on has a better CAFE scene?" I reckon thats different to the coffee scene imo. I know some great cafes as far as atmosphere/environment etc, but their coffee is for the sink. Then theres great espresso bars which suck to actually sit their and drink it.
                        Thats how I read it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by afton link=1216127110/0#0 date=1216127110
                          The good ol debate!
                          Sorry YeeZa, my bad.

I read the opening post and the poll question immediately slipped my mind.

Ambiguos I say.
                          afton will have to clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1216127110/0#12 date=1216205663
                            Originally posted by afton link=1216127110/0#0 date=1216127110
                            The good ol debate!
                            Sorry YeeZa, my bad.

I read the opening post and the poll question immediately slipped my mind.

Ambiguos I say.
                            afton will have to clarify.
                            Sorry bout that - Ive changed the wording.

Comment

Working...
                            X