Google Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Chrome

Anyone installed Google Chrome Beta yet?
    I just did and this post is from the Snobbery (in between roasts) using it.

Looks like a great browser, small, light and very little junk clutter around the web site that you are viewing (eg: none of the big fat tool-bars that some other browsers have)

I also noticed that it is watching what I type as it underlined eg: (doing a spell check on the fly) which is cute.

...and it works with BeanBay which is why I downloaded it!

http://www.google.com/chrome

Re: Google Chrome

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1220419260/0#0 date=1220419260
    Anyone installed Google Chrome Beta yet?
    I just did and this post is from the Snobbery (in between roasts) using it.

Looks like a great browser, small, light and very little junk clutter around the web site that you are viewing (eg: none of the big fat tool-bars that some other browsers have)

I also noticed that it is watching what I type as it underlined eg: (doing a spell check on the fly) which is cute.

...and it works with BeanBay which is why I downloaded it!

http://www.google.com/chrome

Did u see the article on news.com.au?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,24286707-5014239,00.html

Sounds a bit glitchy and does not even work on some google apps which must be embarrassing. At least it works on coffeesnobs

Comment

I downloaded it last night just to give it a try

However so far I dont like the bookmark bar it has to be activated or turned off. I would rather a button

To early to tell if I will jump ship from explorer

KK

Comment

I have to say, have moved to Firefox away from IE on my PC and away from Safari on my Mac. I have not looked back. Would not move to a new browser until it is available under general release.

It is interesting to see that google actually funds mozilla.

Comment

Yeah installed it this morning. Seems pretty slick, very Firefox-3-ey in terms of the performance and great work in maximising viewport size. Seems to combine the best of IE7 (layout) and FF3 (performance). Some of the CSS implementation doesnt seem quite right yet, and like Google Desktop it seems to like building indexes, slowing down the PC and thrashing the hard drive if you let it sit idle for a bit which is why I closed it (and am just about to do so again!). But not bad for a first cut!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1220419260/0#0 date=1220419260

I use Firefox and cant complain...it also has this handy feature

Comment

I read about it in the paper today.

Im not home yet to give it a try.

Comment

Ive only recently started using Firefox 3 and have been pleasantly surprised with its functionality and ease of use. Less hassles than Outlook.
                I will wait for more feedback on Chrome.......................

Comment

Originally posted by greenman link=1220419260/0#7 date=1220427809
                  Ive only recently started using Firefox 3 and have been pleasantly surprised with its functionality and ease of use. Less hassles than Outlook.
                  You arent talking about Thunderbird are you Greenman? ?

Comment

Internet Explorer 8 is out as a second beta as well

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/5978053.html

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta/default.aspx

Im a dedicated FF user but there are still things that IE7 does better (e.g. different tab views)

Others rave about Opera but Ive never tried it.

Comment

I use IE 7 mostly as its still has 50% of the CoffeeSnob market (see image below for CoffeeSnobs browser usage this year)

We do try most browsers to make sure that the forum and BeanBay work ok with them.

Comment

Wonder if the safari usage is me refreshing for beanbay :P

Shame they only released a windows version so far.

Comment

49,705 Safari visitors so maybe not all you MatthewG.

The other interesting stat from the browsers hitting CS is that Netscape 4.x (2100) is well in front of Netscape 7.x (1260) and Netscape 8.x (1230)... we even get some Netscape 2.x users!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1220419260/0#12 date=1220439386
                            49,705 Safari visitors so maybe not all you MatthewG.

The other interesting stat from the browsers hitting CS is that Netscape 4.x (2100) is well in front of Netscape 7.x (1260) and Netscape 8.x (1230)... we even get some Netscape 2.x users!
                            Wow - I wonder if their pcs are 10 years old as well.

Comment

Whats wrong with firefox? Ive never had a problem. Has everything i need. And 3 is very nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X