Customer venting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer venting

I went through the Barista venting thread, funny stuff.

Any one have funny/strange customer stories/gripes?

A couple of mine;

One of my friends went to the local cafe. She ordered a decaf latte. Was charged $3.50.
    When she tried it, the coffee tasted disgusting. She took the coffee back and told them it didnt taste right. The "barista" told her that they ran out of decaf beans so he gave her instant coffee instead. It gets weirder as the instant wasnt even decaf?!?! The store didnt even give her a refund.

My wife walked into a tuck shop in Dandenong (VIC). She asked for a soy latte. The shop assistant pulled the portafliter off the machine and filled the basket with Nescafe instant. My wife politely asked "What the f**k are you doing? Dont you have coffee beans?"
    "Oh, hardly anyone around here likes real coffee. They are all used to instant. When we use real coffee we get complaints. So we put instant in as a rule. If you want real coffee you have to ask for it."
    Bizarre but true!

Re: Customer venting

Originally posted by bassway link=1229489528/0#0 date=1229489527
    I went through the Barista venting thread, funny stuff.

Any one have funny/strange customer stories/gripes?

A couple of mine;

One of my friends went to the local cafe. She ordered a decaf latte. Was charged $3.50.
    When she tried it, the coffee tasted disgusting. She took the coffee back and told them it didnt taste right. The "barista" told her that they ran out of decaf beans so he gave her instant coffee instead. It gets weirder as the instant wasnt even decaf?!?! The store didnt even give her a refund.

My wife walked into a tuck shop in Dandenong (VIC). She asked for a soy latte. The shop assistant pulled the portafliter off the machine and filled the basket with Nescafe instant. My wife politely asked "What the f**k are you doing? Dont you have coffee beans?"
    "Oh, hardly anyone around here likes real coffee. They are all used to instant. When we use real coffee we get complaints. So we put instant in as a rule. If you want real coffee you have to ask for it."
    Bizarre but true!
    If you could tell us where they are it would be helpful... youd think that if they didnt serve real coffee, you would be entitled to some sort of refund or at least another cup free made with real coffee. If they didnt even offer that, I reckon they should make the Name and Shame list. Id hate to part with good money only to get crap, never mind the usual stale big company name beans, but $3.50 for instant is just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NewToEspresso link=1229489528/0#1 date=1229490205
      If you could tell us where they are it would be helpful... youd think that if they didnt serve real coffee, you would be entitled to some sort of refund or at least another cup free made with real coffee. If they didnt even offer that, I reckon they should make the Name and Shame list. Id hate to part with good money only to get crap, never mind the usual stale big company name beans, but $3.50 for instant is just wrong.
      It was at Gottabee sweet cafe in Warburton.
      It was about a year ago and thankfully it has changed hands. The new manager of the store is very good and has excellent customer service skills. I havent tried their coffee though.
      I thought that $3.50 for instant was beyond wrong and the whole insident belongs in the twilight zone.

Comment

i wonder if they updosed the instant?

Comment

Originally posted by NewToEspresso link=1229489528/0#1 date=1229490205
          *snip* $3.50 for instant is just wrong.
          Whats the problem??? Coffee is coffee isnt it, and it all tastes the same! :P

Greg

Comment

Dont have any particularly bad experiences myself but my partner was once served a take-away flat white which was about 1/3 milk/coffee and the rest of the cup was foam (not good foam either - it looked like someone had filled the cup up to wash dishes in there).  It took ten minutes from the time she ordered until she was served her coffee, even though there was only one other person in the cafe.  It then took another 10 minutes to finally get someones attention who would remedy the situation.  The solution?  Just chuck a bit more milk in from the same jug used to make the coffee in the first place (a small amount which has since gone cold).

*Partner smiles politely, says "Thanks", and leaves. Never returns.

Comment

Yep - seen the instant added to stale italian beans in the PF Thought id just had a nightmare and blinked twice to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Intellidepth link=1229489528/0#6 date=1229506933
                Yep - seen the instant added to stale italian beans in the PF .
                nothing like an instant robusta hit eh? num num

Comment

I caught a few people running instant through the 6910 at work.

I still cant work out what they were thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1229489528/0#8 date=1229514876

Just out of curiousity, what was the end result?

Comment

Originally posted by 22a link=1229489528/0#9 date=1229543523

You mean they packed instant into the portafilter??? and poured a shot???

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_S link=1229489528/0#10 date=1229545510

Yeah, Ive seen this too - at one of those servo pitstops on the way down to the ACT.

Its like watching an accident about to happen.

Comment

Instant never works even when used as the manufacturer intended, but relatively speaking, would it even work in an espresso machine?

Bleh.

There should be public castigation for transgressions like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ACog link=1229489528/0#12 date=1229553608

There should be public castigation castration for transgressions like this.
                            ;D

Comment

Originally posted by cuppacoffee link=1229489528/0#11 date=1229552770
                              Originally posted by Ben_S link=1229489528/0#10 date=1229545510

Yeah, Ive seen this too - at one of those servo pitstops on the way down to the ACT.  

Its like watching an accident about to happen.  
                              talk about channeling

Comment

Working...
                              X