Snobs with Motorcycles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snobs with Motorcycles...

This had to be done because it hasnt really before and now Im getting confused as to who does and doesnt have or has had a motorbike!

So, put up your picture of your current ride, last ride or favourite ride...and Im talking about motorbikes...ok?? :P (though if you want to put a picture of your favourite place to ride feel free to do that too!)

Ill get the ball rolling...

My 1998 900SS Ducati...

And my scooter...a 2003 Aprilia Habana 125cc

Re: Snobs with Motorcycles...

Hi Scoota....what a great topic!

I have a Moto Guzzi Le Mans IV that I have had since new and also an MZ ETZ250 (from East Germany when there was an East Germany)...both feisty bikes that are extremely satisfying to ride and own.

Comment

Hahaha

You did mention reviving a motorcycle thread in your lovely welcome...

Yeah, we ride

Me - 2000 Yamaha R1 owned since new.

Natalie - 2000 Yamaha R6 for around 3-4 years now.

You are probably laughing at the matching pair but the R6 came down to a combo of budget, ride height and seat width because she is kinda short - it is actually a coincidence.

Hers has been lowered (using internals) 25mm by Terry Hay, while mine is the opposite - up 28mm at the rear, lowered 5mm at the front and no original shock or fork internals or springs.

Both Ti canned, K&nd, rejetted to suit, Ohlins dampers and some other stuff, MRA screen, Oggy knobs etc.

Working in the industry helps....helps big time with tyres....

So here they both are - the pic of mine is a while ago and before the suspension was done.

You did say put up photos of favourite rides etc...

2 photos of an 06 R1 which I had while doing some testing for a mag....

Mr Yamaha wasnt real happy - boy did I cop it walking onto the Yamaha stand at the Sydney Bike Show in 06

Chris

you gotta love insurance.......

Comment

i would have taken her outside for a better shot but its a bit gusty at the moment like cyclone type, i live right on the coast at coral cove (wide bay) qld. anyway this is my 1985 vf1000f2 complete with really big kelford cams, dynojet carby kits air cleaner mod, half packed yoshi slipons, needless to say she holds her own with just about everything else except a hyabusa.... a group of us tear up some bitumen from time to time, we have a new road that leads to paradise dam im positive it was made just for us, it winds, dips, hairpins and is as smooth as...
        Ray. 8-)

Comment

still dont know how to post multiple pix.... this thing comes standard with anti dive and fully adjustable front and rear suspension, rebound rates and air on them as well, its a nice touch for a 1985 model bike, but still have trouble pulling up a 240 kg bike plus my weight at 270 plus klms per hour. have had the back wheel off the ground lots of times just trying to wash some speed off, the brakes work well, its just inertia thats the problem... I just love it...... Ray.

Comment

Paolo...there is another snob with a Moto Guzzi here...I can remember that!

Chris...I didnt laugh at all about your matching bikes. I think its quite nice really...awesome actually...would be cool really I think. Natalie looks like shes a great rider too! And oops on the Yammie... Great shots too...thanks for posting them!

Ray...nice to see your ride, though I guess you probably wont be going out on it in the next few days if the weather is still that bad! (could you possibly see that it comes this way? We could use some more water here... )

Comment

Love bikes....

Started off with Trumpies, a Commando, then a few Hondas and Yamahas to see what all the fuss was about then reverted back to European bikes which included many Dukes, the last of which is pictured below. Best bike I ever owned....

Mal.

Comment

Poor pic, but here are my wife and I astride our 1979 BMW R100RT (purchased used in 1981). We are at Rick Mayers home after receiving a custom built saddle (http://www.rickmayercycle.com). His dad invented the Mayer Day Long saddle now produced by another company. That visit was Ricks first ride-in appointment when he went back into business, and it started a relationship with Rick- I am now his webmaster and created his logo and website. BTW, that RT is the only motorcycle I have ever owned, and I still own it!

Comment

Originally posted by 32222E2E35201E26202D410 link=1236761460/5#5 date=1236775082
                  Natalie looks like shes a great rider too!

And oops on the Yammie...

She must have had a good instructor..... ;D

Whaddya mean oops????

Chris

a fan of japanese bikes but that new BMW S1000RR WSBK thing, hmmm.......

Comment

As a concerned friend puts it, the pictured bike maintains my temporary Australian status. A bit macarbe, no? :-?

Its a 2003 Honda CBR600F4i, owned since new and pic taken this morning. Its as shiny as it is because living overseas means I only get to ride it when I visit the storage facility (aherm..."parents house") on holidays

Case

Comment

Originally posted by 3A322A203D590 link=1236761460/8#8 date=1236815778
                      Originally posted by 32222E2E35201E26202D410 link=1236761460/5#5 date=1236775082
                      Natalie looks like shes a great rider too!

And oops on the Yammie...

She must have had a good instructor..... ;D

Whaddya mean oops????

Chris

a fan of japanese bikes but that new BMW S1000RR WSBK thing, hmmm.......
                      Ah...sorry, my mistake...I saw you wrote..."testing" it... ;D

Originally posted by 1C29303A6E6F590 link=1236761460/9#9 date=1236818443
                      As a concerned friend puts it, the pictured bike maintains my temporary Australian status. A bit macarbe, no? :-?
                      Well...youre still here! I mean, there! Well...you know! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 3424282833261820262B470 link=1236761460/10#10 date=1236834915

Ah...sorry, my mistake...I saw you wrote..."testing" it... ;D
                        Oh, sorry, I got you now......

Yeah, MAJOR oops..... :-[

Chris

Thnking the oops referred to the all Yammie theme..... :-[

Comment

Current boik

A few of my previous boiks

Comment

Eclectic mix of bikes there Gronk!

I have had lots of bikes through the years, sadly dont have pictures of most of them but they included Ossa Phantom, DT250, KE175, 2 x RD400 (with RD250 badges), DR250, 3 x Z900, Z1000J, Nifty 50, GSXR7/11 (750 w/1100 motor), Z1428 (drag bike), Z1000A.

Current ride is "Zed"

pic 1. Fav places --- Great Ocean Road
                            pic 2. Fav places --- Taggery through Black Spur
                            pic 3. Fav places --- Mt Hotham, Falls Creek area is great fun.
                            pic 4. My 1st track day session at Winton.

Pic 5 is the long-term (read: still!) project bike. 1998 ZXR9 running gear on a 1976 Z900 frame and motor. Will finish it one day!!!

Comment

Here is my 2000 gsxr 600. My favourite place to ride? Into the city to work, so I dont have to use super-reliable trains!

Comment

Working...
                              X