Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A weekend in Melbourne ???

Well

Looks like two weeks in Melbourne for some training...

Company wants to send me home for the weekend..

Wife has indicated she is happy for me to stay down and go looking at Coffee etc..

So that brings two things into play....

1: Anyone got a EM6910 that I could use when I am down there ? (May just take my Preso)

2: Any one interested in having a CS crash out for two days and want to talk and look at Coffee ;D

Not confirmed as yet.... but looking at the about the 6th and 7th of June 2009...

Laughing is fine in Public... Offering the neighbors dog house is also OK... If you have a serious offer.. PM me as I do not want either of us to be put on the spot

Re: A weekend in Melbourne ???

Hey AM that displays a complete lack of imagination! Given that you have more than one 6910 (and therefore can maybe afford to put one at risk) here is the challenge :

You have to dismantle a 6910 and mail it piece by piece to yourself in Melbourne before you leave. Then you have to reassemble it in Melbourne using only whatever tools you can carry through the airport screening process.

If you can put it back together and make a cup of coffee with it to the satisfaction of another CS in Melbourne I will donate $50 to FairCrack. Maybe other snobs will sponsor the challenge to make it worth your while?

Comment

Originally posted by 3A383F3F3C3635590 link=1239762836/1#1 date=1239798714
      Hey AM that displays a complete lack of imagination!    Given that you have more than one 6910 (and therefore can maybe afford to put one at risk) here is the challenge :

You have to dismantle a 6910 and mail it piece by piece to yourself in Melbourne before you leave.   Then you have to reassemble it in Melbourne using only whatever tools you can carry through the airport screening process.

If you can put it back together and make a cup of coffee with it to the satisfaction of another CS in Melbourne I will donate $50 to FairCrack.   Maybe other snobs will sponsor the challenge to make it worth your while?
      ROFLMFAO .....

Problem is that I would need a coffee before I could start to put it together..

Thus, knowing my luck, even getting the presso down and through security, might be an issue ;D

However, as you failed to indicated / define the number of pieces..

I could send it in ONE or Two boxes.. Main system, Water tank and Drip tray in another... Group Handle (signed by TA) as carry on..

Re assemble and using local grinds make a reasonable coffee for a fellow CS member... However as you in Brisy... You will have to take their word as to the quality of the final product

Comment

Originally posted by 07282123340B27282721232B232832460 link=1239762836/2#2 date=1239799409
        You will have to take their word as to the quality of the final product
        Of course - a simple post to this thread would be proof of success.

I would leave it to you how many pieces but I dont think it would be much fun if you just took the water tank, pf, and drip tray off.

I just like the irony of smuggling an espresso machine to Melbourne. Bit like freighting ice to Alaska.

Lots of other challenges like what to do with it when your course is over. But I think taking a presso would remove the motivation to get it assembled.

Comment

Classic challenge there Caffeol...worthy of a macgyver award Im sure... ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 4446414142484B270 link=1239762836/3#3 date=1239800183
            I just like the irony of smuggling an espresso machine to Melbourne.   Bit like freighting ice to Alaska.

Look if no one can come up with an offer... What choice do I have

At this stage....

1: Presso and or Instant
            2: Two more trips via the Airport and strip searches...

Will have to give it a week and then cut my losses...

Comment

Originally posted by 08272E2C3B042827282E2C242C273D490 link=1239762836/0#0 date=1239762836
              Wife has indicated she is happy for me to stay down
              Originally posted by 08272E2C3B042827282E2C242C273D490 link=1239762836/0#0 date=1239762836
              Any one interested in having a CS crash out for two days
              ROFL ;D

Comment

AM,

Im more than happy to have a CS crashout and be seen in public with you, but Im not offering up my 6910 for you.

Sorry.

I like the idea of the macgyver challenge though. Alternatively; make sure your accomodation is close to a reputable cafe. Enjoy having someone else make the coffee for you for once.

Comment

AM,

If its the weekend of the 6th & 7th, you can add the 8th as well for the Queens Birthday long weekend down here ;D ;D ;D

Have fun

Comment

OH...

In that case, I guess I had better come HOME :-)

Will have to wait and see what transpires..

Comment

You are welcome to call in for a cuppa we are 1/2 hr from the city (in good traffic) and you can play with my 6910 but it must stay here.
                      Where is your course located?

Comment

Mt Waverly

Not sure where I will be staying (Maybe the City ?) or if I will have access to a car...

Pick up and return will be by the trainer and or other staff...

Will know more as time gets closer...

Mark

Comment

Ha.

We live in the next suburb basically.
                          If you can get over to Wheelers Hill, you could drop in for a shot from the Expobar.

If the course is in Mt. Waverley, Id be surprised if they stuck you in the city. Theres quite a lot of the Quest style places popping up in the suburbs that seem to cater for a lot of this kind of thing.

Brett.

Comment

A bit far to travel if they are gonna put you up in the city and much further to my place

Comment

Hey AM make sure you visit the Roasting Warehouse in Leveson Street North Melbourne.... your feedback would be greatly appreciated due to your fantastic passion for the coffee industry.......

5 minute walk from Victoria Markets........just off Victoria Street....

Comment

Working...
                              X