Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Generation Grid Feed System

Power Generation Grid Feed System is the subject

I have ordered a 1 KW solar system with help from the government grant its worked out very helpful price wise
    In QLD we have a grid feed set up in which they pay you for the access power you produce (I think thats how it works)

However to be more self sufficient power wise
    I have some ideas of a hybrid system

I need to ask some electrical engineers that can think outside the box if this will work

Wind Turbine normal system works by air pushing the blades and turns a power generating motor

I have some thoughts and plans that eliminate the use of the fan blades and the pole

My plan is to use a John Bedinis monopole motor connected by belt & pulley or Direct connection if it suits to turn the 5kw power generating motor that is normally turned by wind power

In this way I can build a system that can run at maximum rated speed 24 hours a day on a very small footprint at ground level

So does anybody know how to build a Bedini Motor or Buy a quality kit
    And does my idea have merit ??

This drawing is a rough plan of the components

KK

Re: Power Generation Grid Feed System

Gday KK,

While Solar or Wind generated electricity is viable, the so-called Bedini Motor is a hoax... Basically claiming to be nothing less than a type of perpetual motion machine. Steer clear of it mate, you will only be disappointed.

Also, if you have the "Grid" at your doorstep, you dont need to invest in any expensive storage system which after 10 or so years will most likely need to be replaced anyway. With feeding excess generated power into the Grid, you accumulate a credit which is summed with the power you draw from the Grid at the end of a billing period. Either you pay for the excess youve used or you end up with a credit. A very simple system.

People in remote areas who dont have the Grid right outside their front doors are in a very different situation of course, they need to include a storage system from which to draw their power requirements at night or on very overcast days. There are a number of different Wind Powered Generation designs in use around the country and some of these dont have much of a footprint, some can be put together at home from a kit, some from plans and of course you can just buy a prefabbed system and have it installed.

Theres a lot of info on the Net about Wind Generation Systems and a search will probably turn up a veritable mountain of information to sift through. We were thinking of opting in to the current subsidised scheme here in QLD but I dont think we will have the resources available in time before the grant scheme expires. All the best with this KK....

Mal.

Comment

Thanks Mal
      I have been looking at all options and thought that my idea made sense

I was given a DVD with the Bedini motor working I thought it looked credible (I can post you a copy)

I thought if the Bedini motor works as it was presented in the DVD tests, than my idea should work easily as a hybrid design

I was lucky that I ordered my 1 KW Solar system before the QLD cut off date & we are able to claim $8000 rebate

KK

Comment

:-?I dont understand? :-?

In your drawing you have nothing powering the motor?
        Are they the batteries?
        If so where is the power coming from to recharge the batteries? This seems like a larger footprint. Instead of having the wind drive a turbine to drive an AC generator, you have the wind driving a turbine driving a DC generator, charging a battery, that drives a motor that drives an AC generator. WHY? Adding an extra step or device adds extra inefficiencies.

Am I missing something?

If you need 24 hour supply from a wind generation system, why not use the turbine to drive a 12V DC generator? This generator would charge (car) batteries that are connected to an inverter. Simple. Everything is off the shelf - developed for other industries.

Googling the "Bedini monopole motor" came up with someone developing a so called better battery charger. Seemed too large for it to be practical too me (if it worked at all). The electronic circuits that were shown seem very, very simplistic and very inefficient in todays standards to me. This leads me to believe that this is a total load of crap.

Other sites show people grabbing the battery charger and claiming free energy;

"This device makes the del-phi waves we will utilize, but does NOT make currents of electron masses.  In other words, it makes pure Ø-dot.  If frequency content, spin-hole content, etc. are properly constructed by the energizer, then the ion movements in the battery reverse themselves, recharging the battery.   Again, remember that these ions MOVE THEMSELVES during this recharge phase.  Specifically, we are NOT furnishing ordinary current to the battery, and we are not doing work on it from the energizer.
        If things are built properly, the battery can be made to more than recover its charge during this pulse cycle.
        To prevent excess charge of the battery and overheating and destroying it, a sensor is added which senses the state of charge of the battery, and furnishes a feedback signal to the fairy at the bottom of the garden. She then passes a message to the troll under the bridge by changing her aura. The Troll then thumps the ground with his club. This specific vibration is in tune with the surrounding ether allowing the signal to run all the way to the North Pole where Santa Claus hears it. He lets of a fart which blows a turbine to run the vcontroller to regulate the length of recharge time per "power off" pulse.  In other words, the system is now self-regulating.

(Sorry I made the middle bit up. The web site made the rest up).
        Is this the part I am missing?

Comment

As I interpret the Bedini concept (dont fully understand it yet)
          It is Energy/Power collection from the vacuum and it is in gas form

The 2 batteries are recharged one at a time and switch from being slave to primary as the voltage min level is reached

It is not a perpetual motion machine

He said in the DVD, the captured power is the power that is now normally filtered out or not used for conventional use

This discarded power is captured by the north facing monopole magnets at a precise oscillating pulse point and the captured power is stored in batteries

The monopole charger can also be built on a swing pendulum design.

Its food for thought :-/

KK

Comment

I still dont get it, what is powering the motor?
            You said that you wish to eliminate the use of the fan blades and pole.
            How are you intending to use this battery discharge device?

Are you talking about this;
            http://www.eternaltruth.net/Science/JOHN%20BEDINIS%20FREE%20ENERGY%20GENERATOR.htm

Comment

Originally posted by 6764767672647C050 link=1240751087/5#5 date=1240796558
              I still dont get it, what is powering the motor?
              You said that you wish to eliminate the use of the fan blades and pole.
              How are you intending to use this battery discharge device?

Are you talking about this;
              http://www.eternaltruth.net/Science/JOHN BEDINIS FREE ENERGY GENERATOR.htm
              Thats the one, the first battery is the initial starter and power source then the magnets combined with centrifugal force take over,
              When power is required by the motor it draws it from the primary battery at that time in minuscule amounts

There are lots of links
              Here is another 2
              This one below is the most detailed
              http://www.icehouse.net/john34/bedinibearden.html

http://peswiki.com/energy/Directory:Bedini_SG

KK

Comment

Ah,

My advise, ditch it. Its B.S, crapola.

This device does one thing and only one thing; it discharges batteries.

Yes the first battery powers the motor, which spins the flywheel. Then all the energy (kinetic) is contained the flywheel. Energy is lost in the way of heat from the bearings, air resistance, wire resistance, the 0.6V drop across all diodes in circuit (including the transistors), the resistors in the triple 5 timer setup circuit, power consumption in the IC, the friction in the relay (or 2V drop for a SSR) etc (Im sure Mal could add more). The energy is then replaced by the primary battery.

How would you use this device? Is it to store energy?
                Im getting back to my first point.
                This device is just adding more loss to the system.
                You could get your turbine to push the flywheel going. But all the other crap is just producing heat and maybe a bit of noise. You could chuck the motor, fly wheel, primary battery and timing circuit and get your turbine to power the "high voltage energizer" that then charges your battery. Then you would just go out and buy a 12V DC generator. You could even use a car alternator, if you were so inclined.

The "tapping energy from a vacuum, just have to crack it" is crap. No where is it explained how this is done. Wishy washy, looney tunes, garbage.
                If you could work out this bit of it and prove it, you would be a shoe in for the Noble Prize for Physics.
                Sorry.

Comment

Yep,

It is definitely CRAPOLA guys... The claims being made for it suggest an Over Unity drive system and that is impossible, hence the reference to a Perpetual Motion device by me above. All these ideas proliferate around the Net and are all nothing more than scams...

Dont get sucked in KK

Mal.

Comment

I have found a quiet fan turbine system made in Victoria
                    Looks like a jet engine
                    Called the hush turbine

http://www.hushenergy.com.au/

KK

Comment

Impressive = could be a winner KK:

The power output of the 1.5m turbine is rated at 1.25kW and the power output of the 5.5m turbine is rated at 15kW at the inverter output terminals. These ratings are calculated at a constant wind speed of 15m/s, that’s just over 50km/h. TOP

A good way to think of the power output though is to think of your average house consumption. An all electric house (i.e. electric hot water and stove) has an averaged consumption of about 1kW and has an annual electricity consumption of about 8MWh, the bill in Queensland for example of around $1,000 per year(and set to climb!). A single 1.5m turbine would produce enough power with a 44c/kWhr net renewable feed in tariff and an average production over the year of 0.6kW (5.2MWh) to turn the energy bills around, in fact the energy retailer will end up paying you aroud $1000 per year.

That’s a payback on installation in less than five years and a huge reduction in greenhouse gases being emitted from your household.

Thats assuming a constant 50kmh wind. What is the real average wind speed in sub-tropical Brisbane? It also doesnt mention the wind strength rating (from what I could see). Might be worth checking out given the sort of weather weve seen in recent times.

I wonder if it could cool beans as well?

Comment

In Brisbane some days there is no wind & most days its a very light breeze

That was the reason for post #1
                        To use a motor to turn the AC generating motor without the wind

Bassways suggestion to

Originally posted by 5A594B4B4F5941380 link=1240751087/3#3 date=1240791841
                        If you need 24 hour supply from a wind generation system, why not use the turbine to drive a 12V DC generator? This generator would charge (car) batteries that are connected to an inverter. Simple. Everything is off the shelf - developed for other industries.
                        It may be the answer

Now I am faced with another dilemma an Australian company (also makes the plastic bank notes) is on the verge of releasing polymer collection cells that can be printed out on a normal printing press
                        As a very much cheaper alternative to present silicon solar cells
                        :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
                        KK

Comment

Originally posted by 745059595A5A6074504C52503F0 link=1240751087/11#11 date=1240892709
                          n Australian company (also makes the plastic bank notes) is on the verge of releasing polymer collection cells that can be printed out on a normal printing press
                          Yeah that was on Catalyst(ABC1) last week. Prolly early days for that technology yet as it is still low output - currently 3% efficiency while standard silicon solar cells can achieve 25%.

I dont know enough about electrical engineering to critique bassways suggestion - sounds simple enough. What sort of output would you get from a 12volt system hooked up to a power inverter (given the sort of wind you mentioned in your last post) - 1kW. And does it require outlay where you arent getting much/any cost-benefit?

Comment

I just want the product, in this case an AC Generating motor to work at optimum output at all times

Its pointless to rely on the wind
                            As in my case if the wind is weak the turbine may only produce 10% or less of its capacity

I need more good ideas [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

KK

Comment

KK,

Check out;
                              http://www.yourhome.gov.au/technical/fs69.html

The installation that you just got is probably like the one on the left (diagram on the top of the page). If you are getting a wind turbine a combination of the two is probably best (output of the batteries goes into the grid connected meter).

As flynn aus suggested $$$$$$$$.
                              The 1kW that is bantered as standard household demand is AVERAGE. In other words power consumed in a day divided by 24 hours. And it depends on what you situation. Where I live there is no piped gas. My hot water and oven are electric. Just my hot plates consume 2.5kW. Think about a Corretto - 2kW heat gun.
                              Realistically you need 4 to 5kW minimum to get off the grid.

Even you are going a lot smaller than that you will still need a lot of batteries.
                              Think about leaving your headlights on in the car. How long do they last? A couple of hours? Your headlights consume 100 – 200 watts. That’s with no inverter adding to inefficiency. Imagine a 1kW, let alone 4kW.

Although how much being able to tell the world to go to hell worth?
                              When I got water tanks in, I got an extra feeling of security. The cost of putting them will never be recouped financially but it was worth it.

Probably the cheapest and easiest way to save energy is to build a home made solar water heater.
                              A batch heater is the easiest. Build a box. Line with foil. Put in a black tank. Pipe in and out. Put a piece of glass on top, preferably double glazed. Feed the output into your hot water system.
                              A little better is a thermosyphon system. Instead of putting the tank in put some tubing in. Copper pipe painted black is best. The output and input go off to a storage tank. This tank need to above the collector to make this work. Insulating the tank would help to. Also one pipe on the tank needs to go to the top and one on the bottom. This works like, well actually it works the same, as an E61 brew head. As the water in the collector heats it rises to the tank. The cooler water at the bottom replaces the water.
                              Check out;
                              http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/WaterHeating/water_heating.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X