Firefox, Google Chrome or Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox, Google Chrome or Explorer

Long time Explorer user but it is starting to give the sh1ts.

Anyone here running Google Chrome and happy with it or is Firefox still the better of the two?

Re: Firefox, Google Chrome or Explorer

Originally posted by 696E6A656D677262656C0B0 link=1243391238/0#0 date=1243391238
    Long time Explorer user but it is starting to give the sh1ts.

Anyone here running Google Chrome and happy with it or is Firefox still the better of the two?
    not used chrome
    very happy with firefox (mac and pc)
    hate i.e.

Comment

Firefox works great for me. Had no need to change. I changed over from IE because there was a week when IE was running like a dog. Apparently some security update was done on it which slowed it down. That is since sorted but in that time I got to love firefox. It is definately the faster browser of the two as well.

Justin

Comment

Havent used Chrome but the IT geeks at work say its ok.
        If fact they say anything other than IE is ok.

I swapped over from IE to FireFox at work about a week ago. At worst its 3 times faster. Some pages that IE took 10 seconds to load, FireFox took less than half a second.
        Also FireFox was a breeze to download and setup.

Comment

I have gone from Explorer to chrome and found it much faster for my setup. Chrome eliminates a lot of advertising (almost all i think).

Comment

Chrome is good, but I found there were some sites it just didnt like. Ive stuck with Firefox for now, but I tend just shift around a fair bit so will probably be on Chrome by the time you read this response :P

Grant

Comment

cheers guys for the responses so far. My main concerns were compatibility issues as much as functionality.

Maybe put the Laptop on Chrome, the Home PC on Firfox and the W98 clunker on Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by 6773686F66645E6576646D6D6473010 link=1243391238/5#5 date=1243396583
                Chrome is good, but I found there were some sites it just didnt like
                IE8 suffers the same.

I use FF nearly everywhere now and the only gotcha is when you open it and it says "Im updating... WAIT".  No choice, it just does it. Still... its the best browser for me.

Below is the browser pie graph used by CoffeeSnobs since 1/1/09

Comment

Originally posted by 63776C6B62605A61726069696077050 link=1243391238/5#5 date=1243396583
                  Reply #5 - Today at 13:56  Chrome is good, but I found there were some sites it just didnt like.
                  Found the same also. I think google are still ironing some of the creases in Chrome.

Comment

You can always have both!

On the computer at work and home I have both IE and FF.
                    Some sites dont like FF. FF is alot stricter on HTML. Hence when a programmer gets lazy FF displays errors; IE lets it through or makes an assumption on what the programmer was intending.

When a site doesnt work on FF I just use IE.

Comment

There is an add-on for FF called "IE tab" that opens a site in a tab in FF but runs it as an IE window. You can even specify a list of sites that will always open that way so you dont have to specify each time.

Comment

I run IE8 and have done for a few weeks now, it is slower than FF but being an MS house at work we cant use FF because other microshaft products break when using FF or rather they are broken already and FF just displays the flaws.

So as a result my default browser is IE8 when i would rather it be FF.
                        FF is definitely the way to go though, it is a very good applicattion.

Comment

Firefox hands down (mac) .

Comment

Another vote for Firefox

Comment

Originally posted by 1A29262C31170F66480 link=1243391238/10#10 date=1243399552
                              There is an add-on for FF called "IE tab" that opens a site in a tab in FF but runs it as an IE window. You can even specify a list of sites that will always open that way so you dont have to specify each time.
                              thanks for the tip Randy, Im an FF user as well but there is just one site on our intranet that it doesnt work with, thats fixed now!

Obviously id vote FF as my browser of choice for both PC and Mac. I use it on multiple computers and being able to keep all my bookmarks and passwords synced is easy with add-ons, plus there are loads of other options to make FF even more useful.

Faster than the others, and very customisable, Firefox wins for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X