Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Test: The Ashes 2009

The Ashes Test 2009 England V Australia is due to start again
    I am a big fan of test cricket and will be glued to my TV or ABC radio while the test games are on
    Of course drinking a nice cup of coffee while watching the Cricket is a good way to combine 2 of my favourite things  ;D

Who else is a Cricket fan  

But I will start this thread on a funny note with some funny Cricket Moments on YouTube  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ew_nITQWY

And this is the best ball bowled of the 21st century (so far)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UUxpqEVP-Q&feature=related
    KK

Re: Cricket Test: The Ashes 2009

Ill be watching it as long as it isnt a whitewash either way. It would be good to see a very competitive series that is decided on the 5th test.

All I can say about the first one is ...Colin Miller!!!! :-?

It wasnt hard to guess who would be the bowler in the second link but who was the batsman?

Comment

Yep. Reasonably newly-converted cricket tragic over here

The 2005 Ashes series was what got me hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by 33392C3B3B342026550 link=1246755341/1#1 date=1246762967
        It wasnt hard to guess who would be the bowler in the second link but who was the batsman?
        That (I think) was Andrew Strauss - 2nd Test 2005 . Warne took 10 wkts for the match, however England won by 2 runs!!

My wife and I are both looking forward to the Ashes. (A real worry with our lack of spinning talent, but. Bring back Warney.)

Comment

Im a converted cricket head! Got alot of girlfriends who shake their heads :-[ Totally excited about the test! The warm up game has been fairly interesting, good to see Brett Lee is in form 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 2C2735202B27312C2D20420 link=1246755341/4#4 date=1246779637
            Im a converted cricket head! Got alot of girlfriends who shake their heads :-[ Totally excited about the test! The warm up game has been fairly interesting, good to see Brett Lee is in form 8-)
            You just wanted to boast thT youve had a lot of girlfriends ;D

Likewise, looking forward to a great series. Lee was bowling beautifully the other night, its funny what a few digs will do to a players ego.

For any lovers of the game itself, and other sports and things in general.....here is the link to another good forum

http://z11.invisionfree.com/badlightstoppedplay/index.php?

if youre running IE, better off switching to FireFox as youll get popups otherwise.

Comment

Here come the Ashes

SBS begins its coverage of the 2009 Ashes Test Series and One Day International series tomorrow, live from Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, at 7.30pm (AEST).

Test spin-bowler, Stuart MacGill leads the presentation, joined by Greg Matthews and Damien Martyn. Fast bowler Rodney Hogg will be on the ground in the UK, reporting pitch-side.

SBS’s free-to-air Ashes coverage also includes morning updates at 7am after each match day and daily highlights at 5pm for the first two tests and 5.30pm for the remaining three tests.

KK

Comment

Looks like Lee is out for the first test at least. If he was looking to the Ashes to revive his career, we might see him retiring in the very near future...

Comment

Originally posted by 754B4C477D4D447D564A477D6047434C220 link=1246755341/7#7 date=1246951541
                  we might see him retiring in the very near future...
                  If he makes it for the 2nd - 5th tests and blitzes them, I would agree giving him the chance to go out on a high note. Then again, hes just coming back from a flat spot in his career and keen to demonstrate he is far from a finished force.

Comment

Originally posted by 3C362334343B2F295A0 link=1246755341/8#8 date=1246953784
                    If he makes it for the 2nd - 5th tests and blitzes them, I would agree giving him the chance to go out on a high note. Then again, hes just coming back from a flat spot in his career and keen to demonstrate he is far from a finished force
                    I hope he heals quickly & we see him back quickly! It would be a shame if all his training went to waste

Comment

England v Australia, 1st Test, Cardiff, 2nd day

Katich and Ponting take control with tons

Thats our boys

KK

Comment

Impressive, good to see Ponting in form!

Comment

Current state of play @ end of day 3

Australia continued to tighten their grip on the first Ashes Test against England in Cardiff, ending day three on 479-5 to hold a 44-run lead

Rain delay for 2 hours
                          Persistent rain resulted in a two-hour delay in the evening.

KK

Comment

Well done boys! Thanks KK, for the update 8-)

Comment

All I can say is The Ashes+starting work at 5:30am = Brutal.

Comment

Working...
                              X