Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Well, it may not sound like coffee...  But a few will be had and a few will get knoched over and or full of wood dust.

    As per the OT reply...  http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1249003655/18#18

    and teh link http://www.pradopoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1268&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

    While I have great intentions...  I am not a cabinate maker :-(

    The basics will be fine but the finer points will catch me out as I do not have the tools and making do will see the job done.. But it would take the carpet to cvover up the mistakes :-)

    Thus I may well start getting the materials in little hits, any assistance and or sessions over a coffee or two would be most welcome...  Share and support.

    PS what part of Brisbane...  Northside I trust :-)

  • #2
    Re: Mods to my Parado

    Per my reply via:-

    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1249003655/18#18

    PS:- Im pretty sure ours are made from gal sheet (note, Pete gave me the words for this...I had "metally stuff"!) with skateboard bearings as rollers - much more durable, and wont warp/deteriorate with water spillage...but have rusted when a jar of instant coffee was spilled on them - proof that that rubbish is no good for you!!!


    Cheers
    Di




    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Mods to my Parado

      Can you mod the title AM?

      I was wondering what parade you were modifying... ;D ;D

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

        Originally posted by 47575B5B40556B535558340 link=1249083767/2#2 date=1249107452
        Can you mod the title AM?

        I was wondering what parade you were modifying... ;D ;D
        Some people

        DONE

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

          Yes...spelling nazi here...

          Thanks for that! :-*

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

            Thats alright, Pete calls them a Toyota Playdo, anyway!

            This coming from the boy with a Niisan Terrano II woossy car. I still lament the loss of the Suzuki Sierra we had while we were up in Townsville - now that was a little car that would dance like a cut cat in the bush!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

              Originally posted by 163127352D5E0 link=1249083767/5#5 date=1249166899
              Thats alright, Pete calls them a Toyota Playdo, anyway!

              This coming from the boy with a Niisan Terrano II woossy car.  I still lament the loss of the Suzuki Sierra we had while we were up in Townsville - now that was a little car that would dance like a cut cat in the bush!

              I had one of those - Suzuki Sierra also had one of teh first 2 stroke ones... We use to put on the back of teh truck or tow it to were we were going and then use it.. Light and nothing could stop it.

              Been to the very top of Qld in a HR Panel Van (before most people had 4X4s) and that was fun.... My old man has been across most of Australia by horse / donkey / mule / drays etc etc and of course some of teh very first motor cars / trucks... Oh and done a lot on foot as well :-)

              Woosies today need; a 4x4 and 3 support crew, with sat nav and sat phones, along with air support and fuel drops.... And they think they are doing it tough ;D

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

                Originally posted by 6A4D5B4951220 link=1249083767/1#1 date=1249085595
                PS:- Im pretty sure ours are made from gal sheet (note, Pete gave me the words for this...I had "metally stuff"!) with skateboard bearings as rollers - much more durable, and wont warp/deteriorate with water spillage...but have rusted when a jar of instant coffee was spilled on them - proof that that rubbish is no good for you!!!


                Cheers
                Di


                BUMP:

                AS you have Pete tied up for other things ( snigger snigger) I went ahead and started with out him or a coffee b!tcH  :-*   I needed a GOOD man with a gofer to get a coffee or two..


                AND where were you ????  South of the border  ;D

                I will not post pics here..  But have uploaded to the following site.. If it works you will get a slide show and a few captions..  

                http://picasaweb.google.com.au/comp.dad/Car#slideshow/
                or

                http://picasaweb.google.com.au/comp.dad/Car?feat=directlink

                Please feel free to visit and comment.

                AM

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

                  Phwit Phwoo - very nice! Ill show Pete when he gets home this arvo: Im sure hell be impressed...well, if nothing else, than with your shed - it looks like a carbon copy of ours, right down to the rickety old 70s chair with stuff piled on it!



                  Still cut that you didnt wait for the coffee wench to turn up and run errands for you both while you were in your shed zone and fetch your coffees/beers/water (aka hit you both around the head and hang cr@p on you) but, oh well...plenty of time for that! [smiley=evil.gif]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

                    Originally posted by 1B3C2A3820530 link=1249083767/8#8 date=1255659786
                    Phwit Phwoo - very nice!  Ill show Pete when he gets home this arvo: Im sure hell be impressed...well, if nothing else, than with your shed - it looks like a carbon copy of ours, right down to the rickety old 70s chair with stuff piled on it!



                    Still cut that you didnt wait for the coffee wench to turn up and run errands for you both while you were in your shed zone and fetch your coffees/beers/water (aka hit you both around the head and hang cr@p on you) but, oh well...plenty of time for that!  [smiley=evil.gif]
                    I will be interested to hear what the master of the house thinks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

                      What - you dont value my opinion!!!



                      Hes home now, so will go and untie him and let him out of the bedroom...

                      [smiley=engel017.gif]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

                        Opinion gotted from Pete:-

                        I think they are very neat and like the little hinged bits on the side. Your joinery skills are better than mine, but I can still hide stuff under carpet so youd never know...
                        Ive edited out the mouthful of Twisties that were being munched on at the time because I couldnt quite reproduce the muffled crunching noise... :-?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

                          Great work there AM, looking a treat, were getting a pootrol soon and will do the same, i have previously done a hilux and a GQ patrol too, i was a flooring tradie in a past life so i really enjoy playing with both timber and outdoor carpet, looks so neat!

                          ps where did you get the runners for the drawers?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

                            Ok 99% done..

                            It will do as a work car...



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

                              Originally posted by 7E594F5D45360 link=1249083767/10#10 date=1255674445
                              What - you dont value my opinion!!!



                              Hes home now, so will go and untie him and let him out of the bedroom...

                              [smiley=engel017.gif]
                              To be fair you do own a Terrano 2 and the smiley you used was called Engel :P hardly recommendations for your opinion, dont ya think ;D

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X