Glossary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glossary

We need a sticky glossary somewhere. HG= heat gun, BM= bread maker, that sort of thing.

Re: Glossary

If you click on a category heading you will find all that stuff on the top
    It may be under Important Topics but what the mods have classed as important stays on top of the general daily posts

e.g. if you click on the heading Roasters you will see what I mean
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?board=roasters

KK

Comment

TG = Forum Deity

Comment

cksyd = forum village idiot

Comment

If this is what you refering to..

Andy  =  God
          MODS =  Gods little Helpers
          HG =  heat gun
          BM =  bread maker
          cksyd =  forum village idiot  
          TG =  Forum Deity
          PEBKAC = Problem exits between Keyboard & Chair
          PEBFAG =  Problem exits between Floor & Group
          PBTC =    Person behind the Counter
          SO =  Single Orion
          CP =  Cold Press
          KKTO =  Koffee Kosmo Turbo Oven Roaster
          SB =  Sunbeam  or Single Boiler
          SPAM =  Marketing Noobs
          Corretto = Roaster from a BM (CS Member developed)
          HX  =  Heat Exchanger
          Graeme  = That black thing found in some Appliance group handles

Then as a Moderator for the OT section, I am happy to look at what comes in and do something with it.

While it would be helpful, it will rely of people using the search feature which has been very described; but people still can not find or use or references to it.

Secondly, to be realy functional it needs to be in some order / sections... ie. Coffee Related / CS Related/ Humour etc

If some one was to do it up  in a table etc... I would be happy to manage it / update it as required.  

Comment

PBTC = Person behind the Counter (as opposed to barista)

Comment

Who forgot
              HX = Heat Exchanger

KK
              Roaster Designer

Comment

In which case depending on context couldnt SB = Single Boiler?

Comment

We need to determine if it will be as to Acronyms used on CS or other wise..

I like some of these....

Shot in the Dark:  A regular coffee with a shot of espresso in it. Also called a Speed Ball. Ive also been told that in L.A. this is called a Red Eye, but have no idea if that term is used in Seattle or not. Apparently, this is also referred to in some quarters as a Bellman, Boilerhouse, Depth Charge, and Cafe M.F., although I have no idea whether any of these terms are used locally in the Seattle area or not.

Skinny Harmless: A non-fat, decaf latte. Also called a Why Bother.

Soy Latte: A latte made with soy milk, instead of milk. Ive been told this is also sometimes referred to as a Vegan Latte.

Speed Ball: A cup of regular coffee with espresso. Obviously taken from the drug-slang term for a shot of heroin mixed with cocaine.

Thunder Thighs: Supposedly, a double-tall mocha made with whole milk and topped with extra whipped cream.

Unleaded:  Decaf.

Why Bother: A decaf, non-fat (or skim milk) latte, or skinny harmless.

With Legs: A cup with handles.

With Room:  With space left at top of cup for either adding cream or preventing spills (while driving 70 mph down the freeway with a latte between ones legs!).

With Wings: A cup with handles.

More found here http://www.espressoplanet.com/espresso_coffee_glossary_dictionary.htm

Comment

Nahh

That marketing blurb is another language written by non Coffee Snobs

I prefer a CS Glossary we can understand & relate to

KK

Comment

yes to all the above (or below depending how you have your options set). Hx is the one that got me, and lead me to write the post. "in my world" Hx = History. I assumed that was not the case here. Oh PID is another one. Once again I assume we are not giving out machines Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and calling it an upgrade.

Cheers all

Comment

Originally posted by 282B3A2938285B0 link=1249300873/10#10 date=1249390041
                        yes to all the above (or below depending how you have your options set).  Hx is the one that got me, and lead me to write the post.  "in my world" Hx = History.  I assumed that was not the case here.  Oh PID is another one.  Once again I assume we are not giving out machines Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and calling it an upgrade.

Cheers all
                        ROFLMAO...

You medical people need to get a life

Comment

you know In My Humble Opinion or should i say IMHO, theres always the option of taking a couple more seconds and actually typing out the full word.

the time spent on creating a legend or key could be saved.

whatever happened to good ol type writing? :-?

luke

Comment

Originally posted by 152E2F2A2A2F2821460 link=1249300873/12#12 date=1249731384
                            theres always the option of taking a couple more seconds and actually typing out the full word.
                            Agree!

Originally posted by 353627342535460 link=1249300873/0#0 date=1249300873
                            We need a sticky glossary somewhere.
                            Very De ja vu... but feel free to add to the thread at:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1232371219

Comment

oh yes... I dont know why I didnt find that thread???

Comment

Working...
                              X